Tyjon Lindsey No Longer a Husker

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

I don't think he was overrated based on how he did in HS.  But everyone can have their own opinion of that.

But if he was asked to play a certain position and he didn't like that and is now transferring, that leads me to believe he didn't want to buy in.

Plus there had been whispers of some character issues since he stepped on campus that the previous coaching staff either ignored, tried to cover up, or both.

I see. I tend to lean towards maybe character issues. Because I thought he said his actual dream school was Oregon and he was going to commit there until Frost left or something like that. So I assume he knew what his role would have been if he committed to Oregon right?

1 hour ago, gorp512 said:

No. He bulked up so much this summer he put himself in the hospital. He looks like an entirely different person now than he did last season. 

Sometimes, the fit just isn't right. 

This is a kid who chose Lincoln over all those places we envy. He could have gone anywhere and picked the Huskers. 

Wish him the best.  

By bulked up you mean got fat?

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, DILLY said:

IMO, Cade Warner probably was already offered a scholarship. He plays more than the last 3 walkons who were put on scholarships. I'm sure money from dad is not a problem 

If there's a scholarship or two left over after this recruiting cycle, then by all means; if he continues the track he's on, he should get one. 

33 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Question.

Why do some fans have such a hard time realizing and admitting we have had a player attitude or "buy in" (if that's what you want to call it) problem on this team for a long time?

We are sitting at 0-4 and have lost our last 8 games extending back to even the last staff.

Sadly, Riley created a poor culture and this is the result.  

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I see. I tend to lean towards maybe character issues. Because I thought he said his actual dream school was Oregon and he was going to commit there until Frost left or something like that. So I assume he knew what his role would have been if he committed to Oregon right?

I can't claim to know what Frost and the HC told him he would be doing at Oregon.  Or what Smith and Urb told him at OSU where he originally committed.

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

I'm all for walk on's getting a scholarship if they prove to be playing lights out.  And I think what has happened with Warner is a cool story.

But he's caught 2 passes in his career for 16 yards.  Maybe he still needs to work at it a bit?

He won't have the opportunity to be put on scholarship till sometime after this season.  8 more games to prove if he deserves it or not.

Right now, he's caught one fewer passes for 6 fewer yards than the highly recruited guy who just vacated the scholarship while playing a lot fewer snaps.

4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I'm all for walk on's getting a scholarship if they prove to be playing lights out.  And I think what has happened with Warner is a cool story.

But he's caught 2 passes in his career for 16 yards.  Maybe he still needs to work at it a bit?

Well...come on...you know that many many many Husker fans LOVE the walk-on stories.  He could never catch another pass in his career and people will still reminisce about the "two" 

• Plus1 4
8 hours ago, MountainMan said:

The blueprint from 20 years ago might not be correct anymore. 

Frost has proven that he can evolve. He is showing that he needs to again 

The system of a large roster size where practices are war and every little bit of attention to detail is considered, where a code of ethics and commitment is emphasized, where strength and conditioning and work ethic is tantamount to success...that's never going to not be relevant anymore. 

• Plus1 4
14 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Agreed. He's far from a guy like Brandon Riley who earned his scholarship after putting in hard work for a few years.