Tyjon Lindsey No Longer a Husker

3 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Last time I checked Bell didnt quit though. He practiced harder.

IF everytime a guy gets benched means he practices harder compared to quitting, then I will gladly take those recruits. 

I think he was pointing out that Bell wasn't a Riley recruit and therefore did not quit, but practiced harder

• Plus1 2

46 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Last time I checked Bell didnt quit though. He practiced harder.

IF everytime a guy gets benched means he practices harder compared to quitting, then I will gladly take those recruits. 

Well technically the guy he wants to unseat is the patient, hard-working, power-running Devine Ozigbo, who showed four quarters of zero quit against Purdue. 

We could look up what coach recruited Ozigbo to Nebraska, but I don't have the time.

• Plus1 4
14 hours ago, MountainMan said:

s#!t like this drives me nuts. This was a kid that everyone in the country wanted. Because we couldn't develop him with either staff he played under isn't necessarily his fault and for fans to have a "f#&% him good riddance" attitude is ignorant. Losing talent like him is never a positive.

Are you related to "CandyMan" from Katy??

• Plus1 2

This is what I shared with a select group of folks on here back in February:

So shooting the s#!t with a friend tonight.  Guy knows Tyjon Lindsey's coach.  In a nutshell, it sounds like he gone.  The S & C program basically has gone from idle to governing out and he can't handle it,  probably won't be the only one if he does decide to move on.

So, after Spring, Summer and an ugly start he has finally decided to move on.  His dedication was in question months ago.  This was absolutely a buy in issue, not a talent or ability issue.  The last regime really instilled an entitlement and laziness into many of their players and we are seeing that in the form of poor discipline and transfers.  It sucks that Lindsey didn't step up like some think he did, he didn't.  He could have been special and he still may be elsewhere, it wouldn't shock me if he does and we look foolish for losing him.  But I'd rather drain the swamp at this point and truly start fresh in year 2.

• Plus1 6