Tyjon Lindsey No Longer a Husker

4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I would assume if the coaches thought Warner deserved more reps than Lindsey, they would have given him more reps.  

I don't think it matters who.  He took PT and reps away from someone that apparently still wants to be part of this team.  It's not like replacing Lindsey's production is going to be difficult as he didn't have any production.  So someone that actually wanted be here could have at least ran around the field and not caught passes just as well and gained some experience.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, dspanther05 said:

I don't think it matters who.  He took PT and reps away from someone that apparently still wants to be part of this team.  It's not like replacing Lindsey's production is going to be difficult as he didn't have any production.  So someone that actually wanted be here could have at least ran around the field and not caught passes just as well and gained some experience.

Definitely

13 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

FIFY.  None of the transfers went to a University at or above Nebraska's level, so I don't get what you are struggling with.

The are three are examples I just don't understand using for whatever argument you are trying to make.  It is illogical and I showed as much above. 

Also, 7 of your examples are QB and we have discussed ad nauseum on this board about the 50% national average for QB transfers.

Wealth of real info and logic for a short post.  Thanks for that. 

30 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

FIFY.  None of the transfers went to a University at or above Nebraska's level, so I don't get what you are struggling with.

The are three are examples I just don't understand using for whatever argument you are trying to make.  It is illogical and I showed as much above. 

Also, 7 of your examples are QB and we have discussed ad nauseum on this board about the 50% national average for QB transfers.

Image result for dunked on gif

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of anniversaries, here’s another perspective worth pondering. Remember the last time Nebraska traveled to Wisconsin? The Huskers were 7-0 and ranked No. 7 in the country. They were one pass completion and a Drew Brown field goal from a top-5 national ranking. 

Since then, the program is 6-16. From 1992-2001, Nebraska was 111-15.

Burn it all down? It's already burned.

Damn that hurts...

Yeah that 2016 team was a mirage.  I was never once comfortable about that 7-0 record. In fact, the more wins we tacked on the less comfortable I got about it.  And, of course almost fittingly, Wisconsin exposed it and the wheels completely fell off and exploded soon after.

4 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I don't think you;re on your own.  Me personally, I don't "like" to see them leave.  I'd like to see them stay and perform to the best of their abilities.  But once they leave, I'm kind of indifferent to them.

4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am with you.  I would like all the players to stick around, put in the work, and try to make a contribution to the team.  But, if they are being a divisive force in the locker room and not being a good teammate, then it's best if they leave.  Once they leave, I am also indifferent toward them.

Are you indifferent or just different? :D

I think this sentiment is rather universal for fans. We are Husker fans, not Tyjon Lindsay or Player X fans. If you are a Husker, we are for you; if not, who cares?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
Just now, Thanks_Tom RR said:

If you are a Husker, we are for you; if not, who cares?

Exactly.

I was actually admonished in a recruiting thread some time ago because I said I didn't care where a player went if they decommitted from here and committed to another school because in my eyes, they are no longer Huskers.  I don't think much about them.

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

Exactly.

I was actually admonished in a recruiting thread some time ago because I said I didn't care where a player went if they decommitted from here and committed to another school because in my eyes, they are no longer Huskers.  I don't think much about them.

Committing and Signing are two different things.  Decommitting and Transfering are also two different things.