Tyjon Lindsey No Longer a Husker

7 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

It's almost worse in my mind. He'll now be nearly two years removed from the last football game he played. And he'll be redshirt sophmore his 4th year in college. Makes no sense to me. 

Why? Not everyone finishes college in 4 years. Can't he get his undergrad degree and work on an advance degree while playing football? Sounds like a good way for him to continue his education and not rack up a bunch of debt. I don't see anything bad about it. 

13 minutes ago, jaws said:

Why? Not everyone finishes college in 4 years. Can't he get his undergrad degree and work on an advance degree while playing football? Sounds like a good way for him to continue his education and not rack up a bunch of debt. I don't see anything bad about it. 

He just wasted a year of eligibility on 4 games. He will transfer next year and be a redshirt sophomore. He then must sit out next year and will be a redshirt junior with 2 years remaining. 

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

It really doesnt though, he already started the year here....if he redshirts this year he still has to sit out next year. It literally makes zero difference 

Scroll back. He already redshirted last year. He has used two years of eligibility. 

Should have looked at the roster  myself, but he’s a true Sophomore. So if I have this finally right, he’ll be a redshirt sohomore with three years of eligibility left after he sits out for a year. As long as he transfers to another D1 program. Can he just chill at home for the rest of the year? 

59 minutes ago, jaws said:

Ya that's a good point. I was more referring to the he has to wait almost two years to play in a game again. Plus he won't be practicing on a team the rest of the fall so unless he's super dedicated it'd be easy to fall behind on s&c before he joins another team this winter. 

4 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Should have looked at the roster  myself, but he’s a true Sophomore. So if I have this finally right, he’ll be a redshirt sohomore with three years of eligibility left after he sits out for a year. As long as he transfers to another D1 program. Can he just chill at home for the rest of the year? 

He would still have to sit out the 2019 season, and therefore lose a year of eligibility. The overriding rule is that players have 5 years to play 4 seasons. The new redshirt rule gives players an opportunity to play 4 games and maintain a redshirt season. 

4 minutes ago, DILLY said:

So him transferring makes no sense.....he could have waited till end of the season and kept playing

I agree that I don’t get why Lindsey decided to leave 4 games into the season. My guess is that he fully didn’t understand the eligibility/transfer rules or he was given bad advice.

Lindsey’s situation is nothing like Kelly Bryant at Clemson. Bryant can graduate in December and play in 2019 as a grad transfer.  Players leaving after 4 games can only play in 2019 if they use the grad transfer rule, unless the NCAA grants an odd waiver for some reason. 

1 hour ago, jaws said:

How do I say this without sounding mean.......If you get the sense Tyjon didn't put fourth the effort in the Football program, let's just say thinking about educational degrees are penultimate  to taking a liquid poop after an all-night bender

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
50 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He would still have to sit out the 2019 season, and therefore lose a year of eligibility. The overriding rule is that players have 5 years to play 4 seasons. The new redshirt rule gives players an opportunity to play 4 games and maintain a redshirt season. 

I thought the new rule basically gave them four free games.  If that's the case, this is now his redshirt/transfer season and he can play next season.  Obviously I could be wrong as I haven't put any study into it, but it seems that may very well be the case.  That's why some questioned why Gebbia didn't tough it out for four games.  Again, I could be wrong.  

7 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

I thought the new rule basically gave them four free games.  If that's the case, this is now his redshirt/transfer season and he can play next season.  Obviously I could be wrong as I haven't put any study into it, but it seems that may very well be the case.  That's why some questioned why Gebbia didn't tough it out for four games.  Again, I could be wrong.  

They were all wrong....he cant use this year as a transfer year. He will miss two years. 

• Plus1 2