RB Zachary Evans [TCU Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

17 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Evans commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Player: Zachary Evans

Hometown: Houston, Texas

School: North Shore

Position: Running Back

Height: 5-11

Weight: 203

40 Time

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Iowa State, Kansas, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Penn State, SMU, South Carolina, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, UAB, USC, USF, Virginia, Wisconsin

Visits

Twitter

247 Composite: #2 Overall; #1 RB; .9991; :star :star :star :star :star 

Rivals: #2 Overall; #1 RB; :star :star :star :star :star 
247: #6 Overall; #1 RB; :star :star :star :star :star 
ESPN: #2 Overall; #1 RB; :star :star :star :star 

Hudl

• 1 month later...

He signed with Georgia and then was released from his NLI after he was suspended for the 2nd time during his senior year. Supposedly wouldn't give up his phone the night before the state title came and was suspended/didn't play.  I read rumors he assaulted a coach on Reddit, but that has not been reported. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, theknife said:

He signed with Georgia and then was released from his NLI after he was suspended for the 2nd time during his senior year. Supposedly wouldn't give up his phone the night before the state title came and was suspended/didn't play.  I read rumors he assaulted a coach on Reddit, but that has not been reported. 

Sometimes this stuff seems stupid.  

I wonder if the Huskers take away phones from the players the night before the game.

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Assaulting a coach would be pretty bad but as for the other stuff its immature but nothing to make you turn your nose up at a 5 star talent. This kid is legit and unless there is something more serious you have to take a flyer on him 

Agreed.  The cell phone thing (if true) is stupid.  I can tell you for sure that on Thursday nights before a regular season game the coaches are not going to each kids house to make sure they are turning their cell phone off and putting it on the kitchen counter.  

Two things that are still fighting an odd stigma in our society:

Jeans

Cell phones

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

Wasn't that one of the things Turner Gill tried to do at Kansas? I think there were things like turning phones in, no hanging out with girls, in bed early, etc.

Yeah...I forget the actual rules that he had, but it was pretty much that.  I think they couldn't have phones in the complex and no girls in their rooms after 9pm.

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah...I forget the actual rules that he had, but it was pretty much that.  I think they couldn't have phones in the complex and no girls in their rooms after 9pm.

Crazy.  We build time into our team meetings for kids to take a quick minute or two to look at their phones.That way they arent thinking about it the whole time and to give them a break since you can only hold a kids attention for so long. Kids are pretty attached to their phones these days. I do think it was a poor decision to choose your phone over playing in the state title game.  Stuff like this is part of the reason we drove up the day of the state title instead of staying the night.  Staying in a hotel with a HS football team is a nightmare.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1