RB Zachary Evans [TCU Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

17 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Evans commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Couple things with this kid.  1 the kid is a baller we all know and can see that.  

Was suspended for the 2nd,3rd and maybe the 4th game of this season due to verbal ( not physical ) confrontation after getting 8-9 carries in a loss against a Huge Houston rival Katy. Missed the 1st half of the game before the State championship due to having to take the ACT. He doesn't have qualifying test scores.  Was sent home night before State championship game because he was bigger then the  team and didn't want to turn in his cell phone like the other 65-70 kids on the team did. There was other stuff as well last year but it really blew up this year. 

With all that I hope the kid gets the help needed to live a successful life. 

Really with the roster revolving door spinning wildly what is the downside to getting this guy.  If he doesn’t work out you let him go and recruit another.    Troubled kids are almost a dime a dozen anymore and very little scandal damage anyway.   Besides it give Huskerboard another 25 page topic to argue about!   Lol. 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Have Nebraska coaches ever visited him?  I see we offered in October, but on 247 I don't see where we have ever visited and he hasn't visited here either.

Seems like we really aren't interested.

I think we'd be extremely interested, but A) doubt he's very interested in us, and B) we would need to be confident he was willing to do what the coaches asked. I'm sure the coaches would want to talk with him a bunch to figure out if they believe he would do B, and I don't see that happening. He has other options that are currently better teams, and who will likely not require as much from him.

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

I think we'd be extremely interested, but A) doubt he's very interested in us, and B) we would need to be confident he was willing to do what the coaches asked. I'm sure the coaches would want to talk with him a bunch to figure out if they believe he would do B, and I don't see that happening. He has other options that are currently better teams, and who will likely not require as much from him.

So, you're saying we would be very interested in him as a player.

But, his attitude and discipline makes us not interested.

That's my feelings.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

So, you're saying we would be very interested in him as a player.

But, his attitude and discipline makes us not interested.

That's my feelings.

Yeah, the only caveat with that piece is I don't think we know that his attitude and discipline would prevent us from taking him. There's a lot of smoke, but plenty of kids with "issues" coming out of high school do just fine. We just can't even get to the point where the coaches can determine whether or not his attitude/discipline are acceptable because he has no interest in us.

3 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Yeah, the only caveat with that piece is I don't think we know that his attitude and discipline would prevent us from taking him. There's a lot of smoke, but plenty of kids with "issues" coming out of high school do just fine. We just can't even get to the point where the coaches can determine whether or not his attitude/discipline are acceptable because he has no interest in us.

But, like I said earlier.  It doesn't look like we have even visited him.  So.....we aren't interested enough to get that far.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, like I said earlier.  It doesn't look like we have even visited him.  So.....we aren't interested enough to get that far.

I guess I assumed we would gladly visit him if he wanted us to - could be wrong though. I don't know who has to make the first move, but it doesn't really matter because he's not coming here.

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Have Nebraska coaches ever visited him?  I see we offered in October, but on 247 I don't see where we have ever visited and he hasn't visited here either.

Seems like we really aren't interested.

I've never seen anything to think there is any chance here.

I've not seen anything to say we've showed interest.  If we have, it doesn't appear to be mutual.