A Stupid Question

Zaimejs

I doubt it.  Defensively we would have essentially the same players and Diaco calling the shots.  That doesnt bode well.  Offensively we would be completely different system-wise, but last year wasn't as productive as this year has been.  Turnovers and penalties might be marginally better,  but I doubt by enough to make a difference.  

Even if Riley would have been 3-1 at this point (highly doubtful, but just hypothetically), he would still be the wrong guy for the job, because we have seen how he coaches and how he goes about his business. We saw Riley's ceiling, and it was soft mediocrity. Being winless this season sucks but the ceiling is much, much higher.

If Riley were still here, the players might be more comfortable with the schemes, but those schemes sucked donkey balls anyhow, and we would still have turnovers and stupid mistakes, so I can't imagine it being any better than it is now.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

The team ended ‘17 on a slide, with a struggling defense that seemed to give up on Diaco’s “system”.. and even coaches that weren’t on the same page.  

But who knows.. Calibraska would still be intact, and the rains during the Akron game would have ended and the clouds would clear as a rainbow illuminates over the stadium with a wink, nod and a smile from Coach Riley.

Golly that’s fun.  

• Plus1 2

We will never know.

I was looking at the Nebraska Football records all the way back to the beginning W-L each season and how many years we have been to bowl games. We are in a skid right now. History say's it will not last too long. Coach Frost or with someone else....one fine season we will have every other team in the nation running scared!! Times are tough right now, every coach, fan, and player knows this. No bowl game this year however it's coming!!!

24 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

This thread blows a big hole in the veracity of the saying; “There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers”

I've always preferred: "There are no stupid questions, only stupid questioners." :D

Also: "Don't anthropomorphize questions. They HATE it when we do that."