A Stupid Question

Zaimejs

you know when someone admittedly asks a stupid question, and by no means is this to be construed as a personal attack directed at the OP, I am compelled to counter with a stochastic and equally  absurd statement.

My statement is, there is a brownish crinkle ridge that needs your mucus coated tongue's massaging waggle, this area of my anatomy, which rhymes with the slang word "aint", once stimulated by your lizard lick tickle flicker will unleash the wisdom of a 1000 irritable bowel syndrome suffering  midgets to provide you such answer. 

Or you could just stop asking stupid questions....your, or anyone's choice   

I think Riley would have won at least one game. But y'all are in a waaaay better position with Frost.

It's a completely different system that needs different personnel and experienced leaders to run it. Riley could have been more successful so far continuing his system with his players and his leaders. 

I know it looked to a lot of people like Frost walked in to UCF and turned the team around in no time, but that first season was a big disappointment to UCF fans. We were questioning whether we hired the right guy. 

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

I think Riley would have won at least one game. But y'all are in a waaaay better position with Frost.

It's a completely different system that needs different personnel and experienced leaders to run it. Riley could have been more successful so far continuing his system with his players and his leaders. 

I know it looked to a lot of people like Frost walked in to UCF and turned the team around in no time, but that first season was a big disappointment to UCF fans. We were questioning whether we hired the right guy. 

Welcome back ATS Knight, long time no talk! Thanks for sharing the insight! 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Welcome back ATS Knight, long time no talk! Thanks for sharing the insight! 

Thanks! Good to be back. I think it's been close to a year since my last post. 

Some of the UCF fans were gloating about the meltdown happening on the Nebraska boards, so I figured I would head over here and see how y'all were doing and contribute what I could.

When I was on the board before, a lot of Husker fans thought that Frost took over a horrible winless UCF and turned them into an undefeated one quickly, but that wasn't really the case. We had a talented team, we just had a MASSIVE amount of coaching drama, with the players and the coaches giving up on each other around the same time. 

So when Frost took that team and only won 6 games and lost to Arkansas St in a bowl game, a lot of UCF fans (myself included) wondered if we picked the right coach. I mean, Milton got booed for a lot of that first year. He looked bad, even for a freshman.

But Frost was just finding his guys and developing his culture. I think that will take longer at Nebraska, though, since the players and system are so different. 

• Plus1 1

16 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

I felt like beyond the starters there wasn't a whole lot of quality. And it seems like it's been that way for quite a few years now.

I can't figure out why we aren't fielding a credible defense, but you're right, until we can field a defense worthy of the name we are going to continue losing. We can blame and nit pick the offense all we want but the offense didn't give up 42 points to Purdue.

We aren't Fielding a credible defense because we don't have the talent or speed on that side of the ball needed to seriously compete yet.

After Barry and Bootle, there's.......

5 hours ago, TheSker said:

We aren't Fielding a credible defense because we don't have the talent or speed on that side of the ball needed to seriously compete yet.

Not to mention untimely penalties that keep their drives alive

11 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

Not to mention untimely penalties that keep their drives alive

That’s the biggest thing that is allowing the opposing offenses beat NU. The drives extended by penalty allow the opponents to rack up more yards and points. If NU is able to clean up those free first downs from penalty, the defense would look so much better. 

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, TheSker said:

So I'm going to try to tread carefully here, but during my last time on the board I warned y'all about Chinander. I was roundly rebuffed as being a bitter UCF fan and told that Chins must be an incredible DC because the team went undefeated. 

Have Husker fans changed in their optimism about Chinander at all? 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

So I'm going to try to tread carefully here, but during my last time on the board I warned y'all about Chinander. I was roundly rebuffed as being a bitter UCF fan and told that Chins must be an incredible DC because the team went undefeated. 

Have Husker fans changed in their optimism about Chinander at all? 

No idea if I was part of that conversation but I was cautiously optimistic about him at best. I am pretty shocked at our defense not forcing turnovers though.

Anyhow, I'm not gonna judge him one season, just like I didn't judge Riley and Banker on 1 season.

4 minutes ago, JimmyBuckets said:

I really don’t think having a different DC would’ve solved our problems this year. A lot of the breakdowns is LB missing a run fit or 21 getting burned.

I didn't mean to imply that having a different DC would have turned everything around, I think that installing Frost's system and culture is going to take time. And probably more time than it took at UCF.

I was just curious about the current thoughts. When a team isn't winning, there is a lot of finger pointing. Some of that is correct, some of that isn't. Most UCF fans think Frost will succeed at Nebraska, but I don't think a lot believe Chinander will last. I wasn't sure if any Husker fingers were pointed at him.

Again, I don't think he's at fault, but I do think he's exacerbating problems. Switch him with an average DC and I don't think it's 4-0, but I think that could swing a couple games.

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Yea, your not picking up on it because it’s not there. Go back and look at the 2009 roster. Pretty impressive. 

Ok, go back and look at the 1972 roster.  Much more impressive.  lol

I'm not disagreeing that Callahan had talent here, I've always though that as well.  I'm only stating I don't think Devaney is talked about enough about how he turned the program around.  Therefore, I think he is the most underrated Nebraska coach of all time, and it really is not close.

I actually think what Frost is going through is MUCH closer to Devaney than Osborne.

2 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Ok, go back and look at the 1972 roster.  Much more impressive.  lol

I'm not disagreeing that Callahan had talent here, I've always though that as well.  I'm only stating I don't think Devaney is talked about enough about how he turned the program around.  Therefore, I think he is the most underrated Nebraska coach of all time, and it really is not close.

I actually think what Frost is going through is MUCH closer to Devaney than Osborne.

Who gets credit for incoming freshman? I think Burkhead was brought in by Pelini-  but not sure about the others. Suh, helu, prince, and several others were Callahan guys