A Stupid Question

Zaimejs

3 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Ok, go back and look at the 1972 roster.  Much more impressive.  lol

I'm not disagreeing that Callahan had talent here, I've always though that as well.  I'm only stating I don't think Devaney is talked about enough about how he turned the program around.  Therefore, I think he is the most underrated Nebraska coach of all time, and it really is not close.

I actually think what Frost is going through is MUCH closer to Devaney than Osborne.

Yup, TO inherited a program that was already chugging. I think Devaney is getting to far in the rear view now for most to remember what he did for the program. 

Not it sure if Bo#1 is underrated or if his early success was a combination of Carl and high caliber players.  History will probably only remember the train wreck Bo 

11 hours ago, ATS Knight said:

I didn't mean to imply that having a different DC would have turned everything around, I think that installing Frost's system and culture is going to take time. And probably more time than it took at UCF.

I was just curious about the current thoughts. When a team isn't winning, there is a lot of finger pointing. Some of that is correct, some of that isn't. Most UCF fans think Frost will succeed at Nebraska, but I don't think a lot believe Chinander will last. I wasn't sure if any Husker fingers were pointed at him.

Again, I don't think he's at fault, but I do think he's exacerbating problems. Switch him with an average DC and I don't think it's 4-0, but I think that could swing a couple games.

Ref Chin, he might be like Diaco.  We didn't listen to Connecticut fans either....Not saying he will be. He inherited one of the worst Ds in Husker history....

I think we all bought into the hype.  Better coach, better staff etc would equate to wins immediately. Not one fan on this board would have prediacted we'd be 0-4 at this point.  With the way we have paid, we could very well be 0-5 had we played Akron........

We have had so many miscues, it's hard to point fingers.  We have had missteps at every level on the D, lack of OL push, unsure why we even have ST play at this point etc......So, IMHO, no finger pointing yet.  In a year or two with the same guys making the same mistakes or same coaches with the same under performing units.......

Frost has a huge job to turn this program around.  We saw rock bottom under Riley.  I just thought we'd see better play at this point in the season..

In Frost's defense, he is now in game 5 of a 15 year Husker decline....the miscues and poor play has become our definitive "system".  He has a lot to change.

11 hours ago, ATS Knight said:

I didn't mean to imply that having a different DC would have turned everything around, I think that installing Frost's system and culture is going to take time. And probably more time than it took at UCF.

I was just curious about the current thoughts. When a team isn't winning, there is a lot of finger pointing. Some of that is correct, some of that isn't. Most UCF fans think Frost will succeed at Nebraska, but I don't think a lot believe Chinander will last. I wasn't sure if any Husker fingers were pointed at him.

Again, I don't think he's at fault, but I do think he's exacerbating problems. Switch him with an average DC and I don't think it's 4-0, but I think that could swing a couple games.

One of the things I believe Osborne deeply ingrained in Frost is staff retention.

Charlie McBride is a cult figure in Nebraska football.  That wasn't true in 1990.

I hope Chinander is around a long long time.