Greg Bell

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

The whole team regressed

The coach, i would assume, explained that culture to the recruit before accepting his commitment

The recruit probably didnt think it would actually happen because hes too good and then couldnt handle it when it actually happened

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

I don’t not understand what’s going on with these guys. You fall in depth chart you should fight your way up to the top not jump ship because things got hard for you. I don’t get it 

Yeah this is bizarre seeing that there are plenty of RB reps to go around.  Very strange.

1 minute ago, Vince R. said:

What I don't understand in any of this...Why do guys feel that their situations have been enhanced by this 4 game rule? In the case of Bell and Lindsey, they are both incredibly, moronic decisions. The outside advice they are getting is really bad. 

I'm not sure anyone believes their situation has been enhanced.

6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

So how does a coach not get his own recruit to not buy in?

Invariably there is one apple, that when placed with the good fruit, can spoil the bunch. So to answer your question, he may have been influenced more by others, morso than the coaching staff. 

Its more likely, that he could see the players in his group, passing him up, and his future playing time shrinking.

1 minute ago, Vince R. said:

What I don't understand in any of this...Why do guys feel that their situations have been enhanced by this 4 game rule? In the case of Bell and Lindsey, they are both incredibly, moronic decisions. The outside advice they are getting is really bad. 

Yeah I don’t think they, or hell anyone at this point, understands that the 4 game rule only really benefits grad transfers or those staying at the school and actually redshirting. 

• Plus1 3
13 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

He had 100 yards rushing in his first husker game despite a bad OL and you saw nothing?

6 minutes ago, Undone said:

@Mavric posted some good stats that showed that his Yards Per Carry stats were actually really decent against Colorado and Troy. I'm not sure how anybody can say "Good riddance" on this one. 

We hadn't played nearly enough football yet.

This one is really surprising here, and definitely sucks.

There are lots of players who look good on paper but don't hold up on film. Bell was definitely one of those, he was unpolished and a work in progress. But a promising one, this is a shame.

Just now, TAKODA said:

Invariably there is one apple, that when placed with the good fruit, can spoil the bunch. So to answer your question, he may have been influenced more by others, morso than the coaching staff. 

Its more likely, that he could see the players in his group, passing him up, and his future playing time shrinking.

Ozigbo is a senior

Wilbon isn't on the active roster

Washington shows flashes but isn't even close to being great 

Mazour gets a lot of hype for rarely seeing the field

And then you have players committed who aren't even on the team yet.

Who, exactly, was he afraid of getting passed by?

• Plus1 8
  • Mavric changed the title to Greg Bell