Greg Bell

1 minute ago, TAKODA said:

Invariably there is one apple, that when placed with the good fruit, can spoil the bunch. So to answer your question, he may have been influenced more by others, morso than the coaching staff. 

Its more likely, that he could see the players in his group, passing him up, and his future playing time shrinking.

Agree here, you can't hit on them all. This stuff happens with every team and with every recruiting class. It's just an easier and lazier narrative to think the sky is falling and the staff has lost control.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

Ozigbo is a senior

Wilbon isn't on the active roster

Washington shows flashes but isn't even close to being great 

Mazour gets a lot of hype for rarely seeing the field

And then you have players committed who aren't even on the team yet.

Who, exactly, was he afraid of getting passed by?

You should try asking him that question. None of us know that answer. Some kids just want to be the bell cow and when he got beat out he left. It's as simple as that. 

• Plus1 3

Someone explain this 4 game RS rule to me again.  What's the point of playing 4 games, then deciding, to transfer?   The player will still miss next season, right?   So, why not play the season, transfer for spring ball and use the RS next year?   I get playing 4 games and shutting it down if you are not transferring, but this way of playing 4 games and then deciding to transfer seems like you are losing 2 years then.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

At most, he looked like the 3rd best RB on the team, behind Ziggy Stardust and Space Cowboy. 

Maybe that's what set him off? That he didn't have a cool nickname. 

Washington had a solid game against Troy but wasn't exactly lighting it up vs Colorado or Michigan.  I wouldn't say Bell was at most 3rd string just yet

• Plus1 2

Just now, sho said:

Someone explain this 4 game RS rule to me again.  What's the point of playing 4 games, then deciding, to transfer?   The player will still miss next season, right?   So, why not play the season, transfer for spring ball and use the RS next year?   I get playing 4 games and shutting it down if you are not transferring, but this way of playing 4 games and then deciding to transfer seems like you are losing 2 years then.

Because kids are inherently stupid, and prone to making decisions based on emotion rather than logic. 

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, husker98 said:

There are lots of players who look good on paper but don't hold up on film. Bell was definitely one of those, he was unpolished and a work in progress. But a promising one, this is a shame.

What I'm addressing is people saying "Good riddance." How does that apply in Bell's case?

When someone quits who's barely getting snaps and is pretty ineffective in the game when they do get snaps, it doesn't really hurt the team that much. But when somebody who has actually been contributing quits, that hurts the team.

Imagine if Ozigbo gets injured tomorrow...

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Undone said:

What I'm addressing is people saying "Good riddance." How does that apply in Bell's case?

When someone quits who's barely getting snaps and is pretty ineffective in the game when they do get snaps, it doesn't really hurt the team that much. But when somebody who has actually been contributing quits, that hurts the team.

Imagine if Ozigbo gets injured tomorrow...

That's just more snaps for MAZOUR! 

• Mavric changed the title to Greg Bell