Greg Bell

A juco guy is expected to be the starter right away. If he's not starter-grade, then you're better off just taking a guy coming out of high school to build long-term. Given that and the fact that he bailed so quickly when faced with a little adversity, yeah, we were better off without him.

Just now, swmohusker said:

If we see HS kids transferring it would be a little different. A JUCO guy transferring is not that big of a deal.  He came here to play right away, and when they opportunity was slipping away he transferred.  We have recruited a boatload of RBs and that spot was identified as a weakness thanks to ol Reggie Davis and his recruiting.  They took a JUCO to try and fill that need immediately and it didnt workout.  

Agree about the JUCO kids.  There is a risk-reward which goes into recruiting JUCO kids.  I think Ryan Held is an asset on the coaching staff in JUCO recruiting, as a former JUCO head coach himself.  I'm sure Bell was told during recruiting he would have a great opportunity to start at I-Back, which he did for 3 games.  It sucks to see Bell quit at the first sign of adversity, but that's how many guys end up being JUCO players in the first place.

28 minutes ago, sho said:

Someone explain this 4 game RS rule to me again.  What's the point of playing 4 games, then deciding, to transfer?   The player will still miss next season, right?   So, why not play the season, transfer for spring ball and use the RS next year?   I get playing 4 games and shutting it down if you are not transferring, but this way of playing 4 games and then deciding to transfer seems like you are losing 2 years then.

Can enroll in a new Juco in January and play right away next season, find a new FBS home, and not lose redshirt. 

2 minutes ago, Toe said:

A juco guy is expected to be the starter right away. If he's not starter-grade, then you're better off just taking a guy coming out of high school to build long-term. Given that and the fact that he bailed so quickly when faced with a little adversity, yeah, we were better off without him.

Frost took 6 JUCO's for 2018 including Will Jackson

None of them are currently starting.  So should we just not recruit JUCO's anymore?

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, ADS said:

Always has to make it about himself.

Maybe he did but he just spoke the truth..

What had happened with Bell is he read all the posts in here saying Ziggy wasnt any good for Frosts offense and That Bell was the star already. Well wasnt the case once they hit the field. Its Ziggys show until otherwise..

• Mavric changed the title to Greg Bell