Greg Bell

Can we safely rule out Oregon State as a destination?  

After a little investigation their true frosh backup who earned starting job after injury currently leads the conference in rushing and is 3rd nationally.  The original starter who had 168 yrds vs tOSU in opener is expected back soon.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, kengel2 said:

From a non red/white sunglass wearer. Ozigbo is not the answer at running back. Sure he looked good against Purdue, but he is far from a starting rb for a P5 team.

Bell looked good against Colorado, then Martinez got hurt and no one looked good.

The 582 total yards on offense against Purdue say "hello."

• Plus1 1

I don't understand quitting the team.  They can't transfer and they have to finish classes to stay academically eligible; and now without tutors.  They lose access to a state of the art weight facility, trainers, coaches, training table, etc.

They basically force themselves out of a great support system, then sit around for months working out on their own, studying, and paying for everything while waiting to transfer.  Then sitting out another year.

Finish the year.  Even scout team is better then Burger King to make ends meet like the rest of the college kids.  

If he somehow was getting to the point of not being academically eligible, quitting is even dumber.

• Plus1 4
55 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Frost ain't going anywhere for at least 3 years. If you hate him being coach so much, there are plenty of other teams not coached by Scott Frost to complain about instead...

You, among many others are mistaking criticism for hatred. 

And yes  I feel there’s a problem afoot with the amount of transfers. I’d prefer that he not go down the Charlie Strong at Texas road because that didn’t end well for anyone. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, MountainMan said:

You, among many others are mistaking criticism for hatred. 

And yes  I feel there’s a problem afoot with the amount of transfers. I’d prefer that he not go down the Charlie Strong at Texas road because that didn’t end well for anyone. 

Except, of course, for a now top 20 Texas team. :P

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, InOmaha said:

I don't understand quitting the team.  They can't transfer and they have to finish classes to stay academically eligible; and now without tutors.  They lose access to a state of the art weight facility, trainers, coaches, training table, etc.

They basically force themselves out of a great support system, then sit around for months working out on their own, studying, and paying for everything while waiting to transfer.  Then sitting out another year.

Finish the year.  Even scout team is better then Burger King to make ends meet like the rest of the college kids.  

If he somehow was getting to the point of not being academically eligible, quitting is even dumber.

Campus Rec is pretty legit at UNL. They got all new equipment and a complete remodel like 5 years ago. Westerkamp and some other players used to work out there in the summers. 

1 minute ago, MountainMan said:

Pose your best theory about what's afoot with Frost's program, please.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He probably went to TO and said "Coach, you gotta get DB outta here, he's fumbling all over the place".  This was the UCLA game in '93 when Benning got the start after Calvin Jones was injured the previous week.  Benning fumbles a couple times in the first quarter/half.  LP came in and was a complete stud the remainder of the game.  It was the first game that LP got significant playing time.

Good call by Tommie then.  Fumblers lose games.

Just now, Undone said:

Pose your best theory about what's afoot with Frost's program, please.

In regards to transfers?  It’s starting to look like this staff needs to spend more time with communicating with their players to try and keep them engaged, or even on the team. Hell, I’d say Frost is more than qualified to talk about pros and cons about transferring. 

But obviously I am not in the locker room. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, kengel2 said:

Ozigbo had 582 yards of offense?

He had 170 yards rushing on 17 attempts. That's 10 yards per carry.

You said:

24 minutes ago, kengel2 said:

Bell looked good against Colorado, then Martinez got hurt and no one looked good.

So, what was the point you were trying to make?

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Greg Bell