Greg Bell

I know Frost had to make some roster changes to shake things up and possibly send a message but hopefully the demotions came with a clear message of what they needed to improve on to regain playing time.  If there was and a player still decides to quit then that is a good thing for the team. We need less quitters and more fighters.

• Plus1 1

Kids are fragile and don't like criticism.  I see it at work with new hires.  You have to pull them along slowly or you go through a pile of them before you find a tough one.  They can't take the mental abuse I got as a new employee out of college.  The latest fad nationwide is having their moms come with them to interviews.  I crap you not.  This was back in 2013 and I doubt it's gotten better.

Though this may seem like a pretty basic rule of getting-a-job etiquette, 8 percent of recent college grads brought their parents along to an interview, according to an Adecco survey cited by the Wall Street Journal. What’s more, a full 3 percent actually had their parents sit in on their job tryout.

Look at all the drama they do now to "select" a school with hats and junk in videos they post.  My dad would have slapped me in the back of my head and my grandma would have made fun of me for being such a drama queen.  You make a decision and tell the person to their face.  Put it in writing.

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

yeah i dont think they are high on bradley.  i expect him to go fcs at some point.

I will say I was completely wrong on Bradley.  Maybe I had extra high hopes for him because he was a Nebraska kid, and I thought he would be a good fit for Frost's offense.  He obviously is buried on the depth chart and isn't going to see any PT soon.  Plus, Frost seems to want to bring in as many RB's as possible to get more talent in the RB room.

3 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

is Kids are fragile and don't like criticism.  I see it at work with new hires.  You have to pull them along slowly or you go through a pile of them before you find a tough one.  They can't take the mental abuse I got as a new employee out of college.  The latest fad nationwide having their moms come with them to interviews.  I crap you not.  This was back in 2013 and I doubt it's gotten better.

Look at all the drama they do now to "select" a school with hats and junk in videos they post.  My dad would have slapped me in the back of my head and my grandma would have made fun of me for being such a drama queen.  You make a decision and tell the person to their face.  Put it in writing.

this can't be real

• Plus1 1

I still dont understand the purpose of bailing now...you gain zero from it. He could have played in a backup role this season, redshirted next year for his transfer year and then been a RS SR with his last year of eligibility. Now he loses the remainder of the year with a D1 coaching staff, strength staff, nutrition staff etc....RS this year to be a RS JR next year as you sit out and then are a RS SR for your only remaining year of eligibility....these is so freaking dumb.

• Plus1 6
  • Mavric changed the title to Greg Bell