Greg Bell

1 minute ago, bugeater17 said:

Based on PT in the Michigan game I'd say Mazour is 3rd string over Wilbon. 

I was confused why Wilbon didn’t move on after graduating. Now I’m wondering if he’s the smartest back in the room. Seriously, just sit on the bench and beat out nobody, wait for attrition and voila, you get playing time. And before someone says he probably still won’t get playing time, the season has a long way to go.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

Even though it's HuffPo, https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/11/parent-job-interview_n_3907447.html  I'm hearing it around different industries.  Ours is a little more insulated because most kids intern here and we stick them with construction workers on site for a while.  So they learn how to wipe without their mommies.  :D

:facepalm:  my boy will get his butt kicked if he tries that nonsense

2 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I was confused why Wilbon didn’t move on after graduating. Now I’m wondering if he’s the smartest back in the room. Seriously, just sit on the bench and beat out nobody, wait for attrition and voila, you get playing time. And before someone says he probably still won’t get playing time, the season has a long way to go.

I'd love to see him actually going as hard as he can in a scheme where the field is spread out a little bit as opposed to slamming into a big mixing bowl of sweaty bodies between the hashes like Riley schemed up.

8 minutes ago, Undone said:

He had 170 yards rushing on 17 attempts. That's 10 yards per carry.

Against Purdue. I said he looked good against Purdue. If you are asking Ozigbo to carry the team with a hurt Martinez against an Ohio State you are going to be very very disappointed.

10 minutes ago, Undone said:

So, what was the point you were trying to make?

The offense looked good with Bell and Martinez. Ozigbo hasnt impressed except for one game. I wrote it in a post earlier, you quoted some of it. You should try reading the whole thing without the red/white hater blockers and itll give you a glimpse of reality.

8 minutes ago, Undone said:

He had 170 yards rushing on 17 attempts. That's 10 yards per carry.

Against Purdue. I said he looked good against Purdue. If you are asking Ozigbo to carry the team with a hurt Martinez against an Ohio State you are going to be very very disappointed.

10 minutes ago, Undone said:

So, what was the point you were trying to make?

The offense looked good with Bell and Martinez. Ozigbo hasnt impressed except for one game. I wrote it in a post earlier, you quoted some of it. You should try reading the whole thing without the red/white hater blockers and itll give you a glimpse of reality.

1 minute ago, Undone said:

I'd love to see him actually going as hard as he can in a scheme where the field is spread out a little bit as opposed to slamming into a big mixing bowl of sweaty bodies between the hashes like Riley schemed up.

Me too but given his place on the depth chart I question his ambition. We already know he’s not big on contact so I doubt he would run very hard like he did early in his career. Pass blocking- forget about it.

29 minutes ago, MountainMan said:

You, among many others are mistaking criticism for hatred. 

And yes  I feel there’s a problem afoot with the amount of transfers. I’d prefer that he not go down the Charlie Strong at Texas road because that didn’t end well for anyone. 

lol you act like there are dozens of transfers going on. So let's play this out: Frost comes in here and obviously needs to change the culture. People are not "team" oriented. SO, Frost needs to flip the roster around, and bring in new recruits including JUCO players in a very short amount of time in order to begin the task of flipping to the culture he wants. He does this, begins practicing and playing games and finally some of the true personalities come out in some of the players (because, you know, you're true colors show when faced with adversity - you either man the f up or you lay down) Those that have transferred AFTER being demoted on the depth chart have pussed out.

You want those kids on our team when trying to change the culture? Automatically assuming the sky is falling down because Frost can't get everyone to buy in. NO COACH can get every person to buy in. Frankly, I'm happy about these transfers because it shows Frost is actually doing SOMETHING about changing our culture. Get rid of these kids that can't handle adversity and man up when they obviously need to work harder to move up the depth chart. Ridiculous that people are arguing this is a bad situation based solely on the fact he was a Frost recruit.

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, kengel2 said:

Ozigbo is averaging almost a full yard more per carry. He has better vision than Bell, moves a pile better than Bell, and is apparently far, far less entitled than Bell. Give me Ziggy Stardust all day, every day. 

• Plus1 7
1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

Ozigbo is averaging almost a full yard more per carry. He has better vision than Bell, moves a pile better than Bell, and is apparently far, far less entitled than Bell. Give me Ziggy Stardust all day, every day. 

Me too.

He might not be the home run hit that this offense will ultimately need.  But, a combination of him and Washington with a little fill in with Mazzour and I'm fine with that for this year.

2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

The coach, i would assume, explained that culture to the recruit before accepting his commitment

Well, everybody knows that kids NEVER say one thing and do another.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Me too.

He might not be the home run hit that this offense will ultimately need.

Neither was Bell.

• Mavric changed the title to Greg Bell