Greg Bell

6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

At what point is the coach even partially responsible for players transferring out?  When does it stop being about the player being a baby or a quitter or soft or lazy or a piece of s#!t or whatever else people have said so far?

When does ANY responsibility fall on a coach?

Frost hasn't killed a player yet like Maryland, or locked one in a closet like Texas Tech.  Or hidden the murder weapon for a player who killed another player like Baylor.

I guess the key is whether Frost and crew have been effectively communicating with the players.  I can't imagine that they've been doing all their communication in press conferences after games, during halftime blurbs, etc.  The best way to gauge it in my opinion is how many left the team his first year at UCF versus the next year.  If he was not driving off players there, then why are they leaving here?  If he did drive off players his first year at UCF, the results speak for themselves.

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

At what point is the coach even partially responsible for players transferring out?  When does it stop being about the player being a baby or a quitter or soft or lazy or a piece of s#!t or whatever else people have said so far?

Most of all of this is bulletin board material. Because we don't really know what's going on behind the scenes.

But we do have some data points. The coaches publicly made mention that Bell "Felt sorry for himself" after Devine practiced better and then beat him out for the starting role. 

We can probably pretty accurately assume that Ozigbo beat him out again and won the starting spot for tomorrow night. So although we don't ever know for sure, if I had a gun to my head and was forced to guess, I'd guess that Bell felt so sorry for himself this week that he just quit.

But with that said, I'm definitely of the opinion that Frost and his guys aren't above reproach. It might be a learning experience to maybe keep the specifics out of the pressers. Maybe. I don't know. Or maybe it's intentional to find the guys that really are motivated when they're down to fight harder.

I've said this so many times - we know for a fact that Osborne's practices were grouped by units that were competing hard to win spots on the depth chart. A starting role wasn't ever guaranteed.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, InOmaha said:

Frost hasn't killed a player yet like Maryland, or locked one in a closet like Texas Tech.  Or hidden the murder weapon for a player who killed another player like Baylor.

I guess the key is whether Frost and crew have been effectively communicating with the players.  I can't imagine that they've been doing all their communication in press conferences after games, during halftime blurbs, etc.  The best way to gauge it in my opinion is how many left the team his first year at UCF versus the next year.  If he was not driving off players there, then why are they leaving here?

I think it is pretty simple. He took a leap of faith on several guys filling a class quickly to try and flip a roster. Not everyone fit the attitude etc. We will be just fine. This season is all about getting a solid foundation formed to carry into future years. If Greg doesnt want to be part of that so be it. Plenty of other players are still on the roster with several RBs coming in next year to add to the room already. We are replacing Greg Bell next year with the top JUCO RB in the country who has produced at the D1 Level already as well as two pretty dang good looking Freshmen. I am not freaking out like several people here i guess. 

• Plus1 6
11 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

What responsibilities do the coaching staff have when a player chooses to leave? Draw the narrative.

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

That might be the best and easiest question anyone has asked in this thread. I dont know the exact answer of when- but I do know when it is NOT their responsibility yet. YEAR 1, 4 games in. I really have no idea what most people in the fan base thought was going to happen bringing in someone who was tasked with flipping the roster, flipping the culture and trying to turn us into a winner. 

Our house was on fire- we tasked Frost with putting out the fire and making the necessary repairs so we can live in the house again. Then some people act pissed they cant move right back in and have things return to normal. Sorry but your going to have to be inconvienced for a little bit. We have to tear open some walls and replace framing members, the roof leaks. So we have this big remodel going on and we are pissed at the contractor because he is tearing out drywall and flooring. But the drywall and flooring has to be torn out to fix the sub floor and studs so you have a sturdy house again. 

I honestly dont understand why many are surprised. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I still dont understand the purpose of bailing now...you gain zero from it. He could have played in a backup role this season, redshirted next year for his transfer year and then been a RS SR with his last year of eligibility. Now he loses the remainder of the year with a D1 coaching staff, strength staff, nutrition staff etc....RS this year to be a RS JR next year as you sit out and then are a RS SR for your only remaining year of eligibility....these is so freaking dumb.

I agree.  How does this effect him academically.  Can he withdraw from all classes with no negative marks?  He loses the two months of classes he's already attended.  Seems a poor decision.

Just now, MountainMan said:

I guess I’d like to know why he had the mindset frost wanted nine months ago when he signed him, and was getting first team reps in practice this week to needing to removed immediately lest he ruin this team. 

Did you read my first post? It's because he was faced with ADVERSITY by by being DEMOTED on the depth chart this week. Held himself said he was butthurt about it. Consequently his true colors showed, showing he wasn't team oriented. Thus going against Frost's culture, thus being off the team now.

Do you want a player that quits on his team because he isn't 1st string now? Think Frost wants that?

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Sometimes kids work out, sometimes they don't. I don't understand what is so hard to understand about this? 

Just like some of our current players, a few of our posters have not bought in to the process. Not sure why they carry a constant angst against HCSF and crew, but burying the program looks to be their end game! Sad!

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, grandpasknee said:

I agree.  How does this effect him academically.  Can he withdraw from all classes with no negative marks?  He loses the two months of classes he's already attended.  Seems a poor decision.

he has to finish the semester...without academic support

Just now, grandpasknee said:

LOL...really?

its from a movie lol

• Mavric changed the title to Greg Bell