Greg Bell

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

My read is he only told them shortly before they were leaving for Wisconsin so the coaches told him they want him to wait until they get back so they can talk to him about it before anything is announced.

That's exactly what I was about to post.  They were probably at the football building, getting ready to leave for Madison, and Bell tells Held "I want to quit the team".  Held is probably thinking "Eff, you gotta be kidding me!!  Look we are about to leave to Madison.  If you don't want to go, stay here in Lincoln, Coach Frost and I will talk to you on Sunday."

4 minutes ago, TAKODA said:

Yep +1. 

For those who can’t see this, or want to make this more about HCSF failures, over him setting the proper tone, I suspect you are too torn up about losing your SHESHED, and it is affecting your logic!

Plus 1 for the She-Shed reference!!!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I wonder how many transfers other schools have had this year in the first year of a new coaching staff. I am sure it is way less than the Frost (sarcasm)

Tennessee, who botched their coaching hire so badly, has lost 3 players since Jeremy Pruitt was hired.  2 during spring ball and one last month

• Plus1 2
Just now, StPaulHusker said:

Tennessee, who botched their coaching hire so badly, has lost 3 players since Jeremy Pruitt was hired.  2 during spring ball and one last month

Clemson lost almost their entire roster of QBs because they started a Freshman.  College football is getting weird.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

Clemson lost almost their entire roster of QBs because they started a Freshman.  College football is getting weird.

Does Dabo deserve to be criticized because he "allowed" bryant to transfer. Everything is just more dramatized because we have alot of transition happening here.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That's exactly what I was about to post.  They were probably at the football building, getting ready to leave for Madison, and Bell tells Held "I want to quit the team".  Held is probably thinking "Eff, you gotta be kidding me!!  Look we are about to leave to Madison.  If you don't want to go, stay here in Lincoln, Coach Frost and I will talk to you on Sunday."

Plus 1 for the She-Shed reference!!!

I though get Held looked pretty frustrated yesterday while talking to reporters...

• Plus1 1

I dont think anyone is going to debate Chip Kelly is one of the nation's best coaches. He is 0-4 at UCLA and has gotten destroyed 3 of the 4 games. Year 1 is tough when you take over a team without the talent you need. Add in the fact neither them nor us have been worth a s#!t for 15 years so you have to fight a losing culture.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I dont think anyone is going to debate Chip Kelly is one of the nation's best coaches. He is 0-4 at UCLA and has gotten destroyed 3 of the 4 games. Year 1 is tough when you take over a team without the talent you need. Add in the fact neither them nor us have been worth a s#!t for 15 years so you have to fight a losing culture.

Talent at UCLA?  18,12,13,20,19 recruiting classes last 5 years.  They have players

I think the staff may have been expecting too much thinking they were going up a level to a P5 conference with lots of institutional support, recruiting advantages, and great facilities.  If they could bring their old players with them, they're probably undefeated with a chance at competing for the BIG West this year.  They put a group together at UCF that could beat Auburn in a bowl game, they can put together one here that can win the West Division.

• Fire 2
12 minutes ago, The Cornfather said:

I though get Held looked pretty frustrated yesterday while talking to reporters...

He seemed agitated, but he’s such a high energy, hyper guy it’s hard to tell. I have to go back and rewatch but I believe he mentioned at least one thing he wanted Bell to work on which caused him to miss a hole. Probably not the first time he’s tried to coach him up on that same thing.

Just now, InOmaha said:

I think the staff may have been expecting too much thinking they were going up a level to a P5 conference with lots of institutional support, recruiting advantages, and great facilities.  If they could bring their old players with them, they're probably undefeated with a chance at competing for the BIG West this year.  They put a group together at UCF that could beat Auburn in a bowl game, they can put together one here that can win the West Division.

Man I hope so.

1 minute ago, InOmaha said:

Your last sentance was well said. +1

• Mavric changed the title to Greg Bell