Greg Bell

2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

It doesn't get a whole let less restrictive than "anyone we don't play." I'd be surprised if he was interested in any of the schools listed other than some Big Ten schools anyway, it's a standard list.

It isn't really a standard list.  The standard list is no list.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

It isn't really a standard list.  The standard list is no list.

I guess I don't have a source to back me up, but I'm pretty sure most places give these restrictions. I'm sure it was the same with Gebbia, Lindsey, Roberts, etc - it is a little weird to post your letter with the restrictions, but that doesn't mean others don't have them. I think I remember reading about a school that waived all restrictions, but I believe they were pretty much the exception to the rule. In this case I think it's a formality anyway, he's from the west coast and wasn't considering any of those schools before signing with us.

3 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I guess I don't have a source to back me up, but I'm pretty sure most places give these restrictions. I'm sure it was the same with Gebbia, Lindsey, Roberts, etc - it is a little weird to post your letter with the restrictions, but that doesn't mean others don't have them. I think I remember reading about a school that waived all restrictions, but I believe they were pretty much the exception to the rule. In this case I think it's a formality anyway, he's from the west coast and wasn't considering any of those schools before signing with us.

I think, and I could be wrong, that most schools do not place restrictions.  I know Iowa/Wisconsin did it in basketball a few years ago and so did Wisconsin and they were freaking raked over the coals.

Uthoff said he didn't want money to be a factor in his decision.

"We can afford to pay for my education for a year," said Uthoff, 19.

Ryan's decision to place what many believed were heavy restrictions on Uthoff's list of transfer options drew national criticism.

Uthoff previously had told an Iowa-based high school sports website, metrosportsreport.com, that Ryan had placed every Big Ten and ACC school, plus Iowa State and Marquette, on the list of schools that couldn't contact him.

Wisconsin later trimmed the list of schools restricted from talking to Uthoff to the Big Ten.

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I think it was perfect lol since they seem to want the guys that couldnt play on a team that cant win a game up to this point. 

What coach wouldn't take 4 star transfers with several years of eligibility? 

Gebbia, Roberts, and Lindsey are quality players with high potential in the right system.

Don't forget Ferguson was committed to OSU when MR was named HC coach so Roberts is a bit of payback IMO. 

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

What coach wouldn't take 4 star transfers with several years of eligibility? 

Gebbia, Roberts, and Lindsey are quality players with high potential in the right system.

Don't forget Ferguson was committed to OSU when MR was named HC coach so Roberts is a bit of payback IMO. 

I will give you Gebbia, if he's in the right system, but Roberts was out of shape at Nebraska and wouldn't do what it took to get into shape and I think Lindsey will always be too small to be effective for any offense.

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I will give you Gebbia, if he's in the right system, but Roberts was out of shape at Nebraska and wouldn't do what it took to get into shape and I think Lindsey will always be too small to be effective for any offense.

Lindsey could over come his size with hard work, attention to details and concentrating on playing as daft as possible. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Greg Bell