Greg Bell

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I would be shocked if they were not still in contact.  It would be weird if they weren't.  I mean...I am sure they were close and I am sure they texted each other at times.  I don't think it was anything sinister probably just regular chit-chat stuff.

Or it could have been something like..."Ah Man, Tristan...so sorry you got beat out...I think you should have won...come to OSU...we know how to use a talent like yours..."

or it could have been just regular chit-chat stuff...

Who knows?

Although they did go there so there is that...

I mostly being sarcastic...mostly.

2 minutes ago, Day by Day said:

Or it could have been something like..."Ah Man, Tristan...so sorry you got beat out...I think you should have won...come to OSU...we know how to use a talent like yours..."

or it could have been just regular chit-chat stuff...

Who knows?

Although they did go there so there is that...

I mostly being sarcastic...mostly.

Yeah, it could be.  

5 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

If you get fired from somewhere, are you typically going to say good things or bad things about said place?  This has happened in the past with coaches and I wouldn't say it was generally positive or just "chit-chat".  Kaz is a real good example.

That is a good question.  I would not, I would say bad things but I am that type of person.  Shoot I left my last job on great terms and I still rip on my old principal as much as possible.

I think, in my mind, if I got canned but was still making crazy money like they are that it might be different...but I doubt it would.

On 10/8/2018 at 3:18 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

I will give you Gebbia, if he's in the right system, but Roberts was out of shape at Nebraska and wouldn't do what it took to get into shape and I think Lindsey will always be too small to be effective for any offense.

Along with the skill assessment I do think that quitting a team because you didn't get the playing time you wanted is also a factor.  I'm not saying its the only thing that matters however it is a factor.  This attribute will not magically go away in a new program so the coach needs to be prepared to offer playing time.  I'm also understanding of Gebbia his skills are for a different system so at least he offers a good reason for changing.  Much like how when you interview a potential employee  you are interested in understanding why a person changed jobs.

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

That is a good question.  I would not, I would say bad things but I am that type of person.  Shoot I left my last job on great terms and I still rip on my old principal as much as possible.

I think, in my mind, if I got canned but was still making crazy money like they are that it might be different...but I doubt it would.

Yep, I would do the same.  You don't basically get told you suck at your job, get canned and not be left with a salty taste in your mouth.  Now making big bucks would make it a lot easier to stomach but I know I still wouldn't be happy about it.  

3 hours ago, RedSavage said:

If you get fired from somewhere, are you typically going to say good things or bad things about said place?  This has happened in the past with coaches and I wouldn't say it was generally positive or just "chit-chat".  Kaz is a real good example.

Didn't Vince Marrow contact some kids he met while at NU and they left to go to Kentucky?

• Mavric changed the title to Greg Bell