Greg Bell

Wasn't that the college he initially committed to out of high school? Interesting to have come full circle.

55 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Given what he put on film during his short time here, and the nature of his departure, I don't know why any team would be eager to give him a scholarship anymore, unfortunately.

Well said. I think recruiting coordinators are pretty savvy and it wouldn't take a lot of research to put together a pretty good idea of why he didn't succeed at Nebraska. All evidence suggests Scott has an open, competitive and amicable culture. You put in the work, earn your spot and you'll play. Ozigbo is a poster child for that type of development.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Possibly, but he also cried like a baby after Ozigbo was named starter for the Purdue game and took his ball and went home.

Had he stayed, he would've played a lot here. Just because he wasn't the starter doesn't mean he was terrible. His crybaby attitude wasn't a good look. I still say Washington is more suited to being a slot receiver and Bell would've been the main backup to Ozigbo.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, huskerguy said:

I wonder what happened that he not only fell to a non power 5 team but that he also couldn’t get a scholarship.

If he would have just simply redshirted and stuck it out, and try to improve himself in any other way, rather than quitting the team altogether after a few games, this might have had a different ending for him.  Does anyone know if he  was still going to classes despite not being on the team?  

On 3/15/2019 at 6:04 PM, Scarlet Overkill said:

If he would have just simply redshirted and stuck it out, and try to improve himself in any other way, rather than quitting the team altogether after a few games, this might have had a different ending for him.  Does anyone know if he  was still going to classes despite not being on the team?  

If he had the same desire and determination that Ozibo did, Bell would have been a much better player. But like many top Jucos and high schoolers, they don’t pan out for various reasons. 

Edit: Then we had Lamar Jackson, who due to poor coaching and bad development, almost didn’t pan out, but now in Frost’s system, he is looking to have a big senior season. 

7 hours ago, Danimal said:

Hopefully his descent serves as a cautionary tale for other players.

It was reported that at one time almost 1500 D1 players had put their name in the transfer portal. There have been countless Greg Bell’s over the years and it hasn’t made a dent. 

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...

Well, good to see Bell has come clean about what happened

Bell rushed for 104 yards in the Cornhuskers’ 2018 season opener against Colorado and 64 yards the following week against Troy. He played a limited role the following two games and left the team.

He told ESPN at the time that he “earned the starting job and feel I have continued to work the same way but feel I am not being used to my fullest potential.

Bell says now that he was distracted by health issues with a family member.

“Being away so far, I wasn’t able to help,” Bell said. “It was stressing me out, trying to play football there and worrying about what was going on here. Now, I’ll actually be home where I can have an impact.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Greg Bell