Greg Bell

23 minutes ago, sho said:

Someone explain this 4 game RS rule to me again.  What's the point of playing 4 games, then deciding, to transfer?   The player will still miss next season, right?   So, why not play the season, transfer for spring ball and use the RS next year?   I get playing 4 games and shutting it down if you are not transferring, but this way of playing 4 games and then deciding to transfer seems like you are losing 2 years then.

So I’m pretty sure since he only played 4 games he can use this year as his redshirt year. So if he were to play one more game, and then transfer he would have to sit out next year.  But since he’s only played 4 games he should be able to play immediately wherever he chooses to go. At least that’s my understanding.

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I know who he is.  It was rhetorical.  You're talking about a guy that was a July addition that didn't see the fit after a month and left before he played a snap.  Apples and oranges

Not really. If you are gonna take the narrative that the coaches can't get their own guys to buy in, then they are pretty much in the same boat. 

• Plus1 2

Just now, cornheadnation said:

So I’m pretty sure since he only played 4 games he can use this year as his redshirt year. So if he were to play one more game, and then transfer he would have to sit out next year.  But since he’s only played 4 games he should be able to play immediately wherever he chooses to go. At least that’s my understanding.

No, he still has to sit out a year. The only way he can play immediately in 2019 is dropping a level, or if he was a graduate transfer.

35 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

So how does a coach not get his own recruit to not buy in?

I agree to a certain point on this. The one thing that Last Chance U taught me is some of these JUCO kids are hit/miss in terms of thought process.

I dont know for sure if Bell wasnt bought in but he probably thinks he should play in the NFL and being benched behind Devine now and potentially Washington next year showed him he wont be the bell cow.

Maybe he was bought in and just not good enough.

Frost had a very short time to recruit some guys(not sure if he already knew Bell from UCF recruiting) and probably was just getting guys... Might not all be his guys and were more guys who could help us at spots of need.

Not giving Frost outs because he deserves criticism for this but certainly not something I am as concerned about as I was with Riley.

• Fire 2

If we see HS kids transferring it would be a little different. A JUCO guy transferring is not that big of a deal.  He came here to play right away, and when they opportunity was slipping away he transferred.  We have recruited a boatload of RBs and that spot was identified as a weakness thanks to ol Reggie Davis and his recruiting.  They took a JUCO to try and fill that need immediately and it didnt workout.  

• Plus1 2

this is a mess.......the new rule is quick medicine for a disappointed kid, who thinks he is being punished by not loving the weight room........the easy fix is to bolt, sit on your nuts for a couple seasons and hope you get to play elsewhere where you  don't have to work.  the NFL has a hand full of players, Le'von Bell, Dez and some others who want to dictate their terms....these kids are only going to risk their NFL careers by showing their ass now. 

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree with concerns that a highly touted Frost guy is now gone. Seems the culture issue is not just about the past.

Or, Frost took a chance on a highly rated Juco prospect, and it didn't work out. 

3 minutes ago, ADS said:

Always has to make it about himself.

Don't think I could roll my eyes any harder at this. 

• Mavric changed the title to Greg Bell