Greg Bell

4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Frost took 6 JUCO's for 2018 including Will Jackson. None of them are currently starting.  So should we just not recruit JUCO's anymore?

I'd call that a poor record, although in this case some of it may have simply been a need to fill out the roster with whoever they could get.

So I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that Greg didn't like that our coaches told the media that he "Felt sorry for himself after Ozigbo was named the starter for Purdue" and that this basically prompted him to quit after another week of practice showed Ozigbo ahead of him.

If that is the case...seriously...these kids need to toughen up their minds and FIGHT.

I can see how somebody might say, "Yeah...but maybe the coaches need to keep those details private." Sure, maybe. But everybody is given a chance to play. That's the Osborne template. Work your a** off in practice and try to become the starter.

Am I missing something here?

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That does not appear to be the case right now, according to anyone's reading of the current transfer rule.

They can still transfer down to Juco and play next year--that hasn't changed. 

Also, if they graduate and transfer out, they can also take advantage of the Redshirt rule to boot and play right away somewhere else *and* preserve their redshirt. There's an Okie Lite player that did just this IIRC. 

5 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

They can still transfer down to Juco and play next year--that hasn't changed. 

I don't think that's ever been the case.  That's not how it reads and that's not how most people seem to be interpreting the situation.

5 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Also, if they graduate and transfer out, they can also take advantage of the Redshirt rule to boot and play right away somewhere else *and* preserve their redshirt. There's an Okie Lite player that did just this IIRC. 

Yes, that is possible.  But considering Bell is 10 months removed from a JUCO, I doubt he has enough credits to graduate from Nebraska.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Mavric said:

DB has said multiple times on his show that he wanted to quit the team, but his dad said if you leave Lincoln, don’t come home. I agree with his sentiment but not sure he is being honest about his own situation.

I know he visits the board and has an account (though inactive). Maybe he could clarify his experience.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Greg Bell