Greg Bell

I’m tired of hearing this buy in nonsense. If we were 4-0 or even 2-2 this doesn’t happen. To me this is all about a team struggling and selfish athletes not wanting to be part of it. My god if this is how they handle adversity as life goes on and quit just because it gets too hard or their feelings get hurt then they will never amount to jack squat. 

• Plus1 4

10 minutes ago, Huskr25 said:

lol you act like there are dozens of transfers going on. So let's play this out: Frost comes in here and obviously needs to change the culture. People are not "team" oriented. SO, Frost needs to flip the roster around, and bring in new recruits including JUCO players in a very short amount of time in order to begin the task of flipping to the culture he wants. He does this, begins practicing and playing games and finally some of the true personalities come out in some of the players (because, you know, you're true colors show when faced with adversity - you either man the f up or you lay down) Those that have transferred AFTER being demoted on the depth chart have pussed out.

You want those kids on our team when trying to change the culture? Automatically assuming the sky is falling down because Frost can't get everyone to buy in. NO COACH can get every person to buy in. Frankly, I'm happy about these transfers because it shows Frost is actually doing SOMETHING about changing our culture. Get rid of these kids that can't handle adversity and man up when they obviously need to work harder to move up the depth chart. Ridiculous that people are arguing this is a bad situation based solely on the fact he was a Frost recruit.

So, Juco transfer Greg Bell, brought in to flip the roster has to get processed for Juco recruits to flip the roster?

• Plus1 1

Weed out the weak mentally and physically. Moving on.

Enough trying to pacify why and give everyone excuses why they have a right to be mentally or physically weak. Or who's fault it is. Thats part of why Nebraska Football SUCKS. There has been no accountability and now all of a sudden there is. It is probably as simple as that. 

Its not about poor Frost is mean to them- that the cant connect. It is a team used to everything being easy. Now its not. Nick Saban is famous for being a huge dick who doesnt care about his players. They are super tough on their guys. But they do fine. 

So that culture seems to mesh with plenty of young folks- the problem is that culture has been non-existent at nebraska and many on the team dont like it. Over time everyone will know the culture.

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

Weed out the weak mentally and physically. Moving on.

Enough trying to pacify why and give everyone excuses why they have a right to be mentally or physically weak. Or who's fault it is. Thats part of why Nebraska Football SUCKS. There has been no accountability and now all of a sudden there is. It is probably as simple as that. 

Its not about poor Frost is mean to them- that the cant connect. It is a team used to everything being easy. Now its not. Nick Saban is famous for being a huge dick who doesnt care about his players. They are super tough on their guys. But they do fine. 

So that culture seems to mesh with plenty of young folks- the problem is that culture has been non-existent at nebraska and many on the team dont like it. Over time everyone will know the culture.

How is Greg Bell used to things being easy on this team?  How is Greg Bell part of the soft culture that Frost is trying to eradicate?  He was brought in to help eradicate it!

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, jcsmhammel said:

I’m tired of hearing this buy in nonsense. If we were 4-0 or even 2-2 this doesn’t happen. To me this is all about a team struggling and selfish athletes not wanting to be part of it. My god if this is how they handle adversity as life goes on and quit just because it gets too hard or their feelings get hurt then they will never amount to jack squat. 

A bunch of soft, mentally weak kids on a college campus? No way ....

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

How is Greg Bell used to things being easy on this team?  How is Greg Bell part of the soft culture that Frost is trying to eradicate?  He was brought in to help eradicate it!

Simple case of having a baby fit because he got passed by Ozigbo. I remember hearing he thought he was one and done to the NFL. You gets passed on the depth chart by some guy who was like 3rd string on a 4-8 team last year might be too much for him to handle.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

22 minutes ago, kengel2 said:

The offense looked good with Bell and Martinez. Ozigbo hasnt impressed except for one game. I wrote it in a post earlier, you quoted some of it. You should try reading the whole thing without the red/white hater blockers and itll give you a glimpse of reality.

I'm not sure what "red/white hater blockers" are or what they do.

Ozigbo is averaging 5.7 yards per carry, whereas Bell is at 4.9. That might be good to factor in as it pertains to " a glimpse of reality."

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I wonder how many transfers other schools have had this year in the first year of a new coaching staff. I am sure it is way less than the Frost (sarcasm)

I read somewhere this week that when Barry Alvarez took over Wiscy in 1990 he had like 52 kids quit before the season started. Obviously not the perfect comparison since it was 28 years ago, but I see similarities.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Greg Bell