Greg Bell

9 minutes ago, Undone said:

I'm not sure what "red/white hater blockers" are or what they do.

Ozigbo is averaging 5.7 yards per carry, whereas Bell is at 4.9. That might be good to factor in as it pertains to " a glimpse of reality."

Reality is the huskers are 0-4, with the closest game being a 5 point loss to Troy.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I think it is pretty simple. He took a leap of faith on several guys filling a class quickly to try and flip a roster. Not everyone fit the attitude etc. We will be just fine. This season is all about getting a solid foundation formed to carry into future years. If Greg doesnt want to be part of that so be it. Plenty of other players are still on the roster with several RBs coming in next year to add to the room already. We are replacing Greg Bell next year with the top JUCO RB in the country who has produced at the D1 Level already as well as two pretty dang good looking Freshmen. I am not freaking out like several people here i guess. 

I'm not freaking out either.  At 0-4 Frost is taking the gloves off and will win or lose with those who are committed.  If he loses all the games and strengthens the program in the process, we're better off.  After last season, 0-12 isn't that different then 4-8 on paper or on film.  I'd rather tear off the bandage then take years of slow rising back up through mediocre.  Three years of 6-6 might be just as painful as one year of 0-1 wins and a whole new attitude coming out the back end.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, InOmaha said:

I'm not freaking out either.  At 0-4 Frost is taking the gloves off and will win or lose with those who are committed.  If he loses all the games and strengthens the program in the process, we're better off.  After last season, 0-12 isn't that different then 4-8 on paper or on film.  I'd rather tear off the bandage then take years of slow rising back up through mediocre.  Three years of 6-6 might be just as painful as one year of 0-1 wins and a whole new attitude coming out the back end.

i like you <3

4 minutes ago, Huskr25 said:

Did you read my first post? It's because he was faced with ADVERSITY by by being DEMOTED on the depth chart this week. Held himself said he was butthurt about it. Consequently his true colors showed, showing he wasn't team oriented. Thus going against Frost's culture, thus being off the team now.

Do you want a player that quits on his team because he isn't 1st string now? Think Frost wants that?

Demoted?  It was a wide open RB race with all three seeing ample time. 

And it certainly seemed like Frost wanted what Bell had to offer. Seeing how he recruited and signed him when he had a body of work to assess

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

The most intriguing part of all of this (to me) is that Nebraska won’t comment until after the Wisconsin game. How hard is it issue some sort of statement and not letting it become a distraction? Either the situation is not settled yet or the staff needs to get on the same page regarding how to spin it.

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, jcsmhammel said:

I’m tired of hearing this buy in nonsense. If we were 4-0 or even 2-2 this doesn’t happen. To me this is all about a team struggling and selfish athletes not wanting to be part of it. My god if this is how they handle adversity as life goes on and quit just because it gets too hard or their feelings get hurt then they will never amount to jack squat. 

To me, that's all part of "Buying in".  I know you don't want to hear that.  But, they haven't bought in to doing what it takes to win.  They haven't bought into Frost's vision of what it takes to win.  And, they haven't bought in to Nebraska being a place they love to play.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cheekygeek said:

The most intriguing part of all of this (to me) is the Nebraska won’t comment until after the Wisconsin game. How hard is it issue some sort of statement and not letting it become a distraction? Either the situation is not settled yet or the staff needs to get on the same page regarding how to spin it.

I remember a player leaving earlier this year and fans complaining that the staff commented too soon.

I guess they can't satisfy everyone.

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

To me, that's all part of "Buying in".  I know you don't want to hear that.  But, they haven't bought in to doing what it takes to win.  They haven't bought into Frost's vision of what it takes to win.  And, they haven't bought in to Nebraska being a place they love to play.

This gets overlooked so much. There are guys who say, "well its the best offer, so I'll go". That mindset really hurts a program.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, grandpasknee said:

That's where my opinion has landed.  I'd rather Frost keep true to his plan rather than compromising for a single win or two.  Get the culture and attitude established first.  Success will follow eventually.  I'm behind him for his seven year contract.

I like you too 

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I remember a player leaving earlier this year and fans complaining that the staff commented too soon.

I guess they can't satisfy everyone.

Have members of the staff satisfied you? 

It's not hard to see that both Lydnsey and Bell did themselves a disservice by leaving at this point.  They are now required to continue classes at UNL in order to maintain academic eligibility in order to transfer.  A big fat 0 gpa will not get them into other schools (okay, maybe the SEC).  They have to do so now while buying and preparing their own food, working out without trainers and nutritionists. studying without academic tutors, etc.

I don't get it?  But I don't get Randy Gregory either.  Stop smoking dope and make millions in the NFL dummy.  People do strange things.

Bell was number one, would still be number two, and Frost did not remove him from the team as far as I know.  Bell removed himself.  Unless Bell has broken rules or become academically ineligible and that hasn't come out.  Otherwise, he got beat out as a starter and would rather give up all the benefits of being a student athlete and not play football for almost 2 years then be second string.  I don't understand that thought process.

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

The most intriguing part of all of this (to me) is that Nebraska won’t comment until after the Wisconsin game. How hard is it issue some sort of statement and not letting it become a distraction? Either the situation is not settled yet or the staff needs to get on the same page regarding how to spin it.

My read is he only told them shortly before they were leaving for Wisconsin so the coaches told him they want him to wait until they get back so they can talk to him about it before anything is announced.

• Mavric changed the title to Greg Bell