WR Darien Chase [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

54 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Chase commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

I just watched Darien's latest highlight tape, and the first clip showed me everything I needed to see from an athleticism standpoint. His hip movement on that return looks elite. There is no wasted movement. When your hips are as good as Darien's, a 4.6 forty is more than enough to house it. Really looking forward to seeing him in Lincoln. 

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, Pedro G said:

Not concerned. It’s certainly possible our conditioning program will increase his speed like Stanley Morgan who wasn’t very fast four years ago. Glad we got him. 

Interesting that you use Stanley as a reference. I get that he is also a WR, but if you wanted to see improved speed in a player from last year to this year in hopes of attributing greater quickness to the new S&C staff, I would say Ozigbo is the poster child.

• Plus1 4

OWH article from Sam. Sounds like the kind of player that we are looking for and will be perfect fit for HCSF. Looks like a great get for the program.

Huskers land commitment from four-star Washington receiver Darien Chase

“Great work ethic, great competitor, really quiet and reserved, which is kind of refreshing in the social media era of ‘look at me, look at me, look at me,’ ” Union coach Rory Rosenbach said.

“He’s such a dynamic playmaker,” Victor said. “He has so many aspects of his game where you look at him and it’s just like, ‘He has the it factor.’ He can turn games around for Nebraska, and I think it’s such a good pickup for him because as (Scott) Frost is building that program, he’s one of those guys that can really turn a program around. Not only what he brings as a receiver but an athlete.”

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

On 10/25/2018 at 1:58 PM, Throw Dem Bones said:

Should be the same amount of time as the last hour... and the hour before that.. and the hour before that.. 

Oh, btw, he's N. My step brother's uncle's wife's kid plays football with Darien. (Is the the insider info we were all waiting for?)

I was waiting for the infamous Jessica to post..but I guess she's on the sidelines now.

On 10/26/2018 at 12:09 PM, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Interesting that you use Stanley as a reference. I get that he is also a WR, but if you wanted to see improved speed in a player from last year to this year in hopes of attributing greater quickness to the new S&C staff, I would say Ozigbo is the poster child.

Yes, I was comparing him to Morgan because he is a wide receiver. As for Chase’s speed, read Sam McKewon’s article. He writes that Chase has long strides, can get to top speed quickly, and he can maintain that top speed, putting distance between defenders. He apparently is fast enough.