Mavric

WR Darien Chase [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: Darien Chase

Hometown: Vancouver, Washington

School: Union

Position: Athlete, Wide Receiver

Height: 6-1

Weight: 170

40 Time

Offers: Boise State, Nebraska, Nevada, Oregon, Oregon State, Utah, Washington

Visits: 10/20/18 vs. Minnesota

O8n7o.png

Twitter

247 Composite: #368 Overall; #21 ATH; .8905; :star :star :star :star 

Rivals: #48 ATH; :star :star :star 
247: #188 Overall; #12 ATH; :star :star :star :star 
ESPN#107 WR; :star :star :star 

Hudl

Visiting next weekend

We are recruiting him as a wide receiver as is Boise State. Oregon and Washington are recruiting him as a defensive back. He said those four schools are his leaders right now

• Plus1 2

On 10/12/2018 at 2:45 PM, Mavric said:

Visiting next weekend

We are recruiting him as a wide receiver as is Boise State. Oregon and Washington are recruiting him as a defensive back. He said those four schools are his leaders right now

• Plus1 2

Jimmy Lake is the DB coach for Washington and is one of the best DB evaluators/coaches in the nation.

I also trust our coaches to evaluate and develop any skill position player. But this might be a guy who comes here and ends up being a lockdown DB for us once everything shakes out. Either way, would be a nice problem to have haha.

Visited yesterday.  Had previously visited Utah and Boise State.  Also looking at Oregon and Washington who are both recruiting him as a DB.  No other visits set up yet.

Said the culture really stood out to him.  And the people.  Raved about the game day experience.

• Plus1 1

Washington and Oregon seemed to want him as a DB if I am not mistaken. I also believe both those schools are full at those spots currently as well. Would be a great addition to this class as we seem to need a couple more guys for depth at receiver. I love how we are going after athletes and putting them on the field. Yes, he will play receiver here but it just makes me so happy because I like the idea of getting players here first and then figuring out what to do with them later. 

17 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

247 doesn't understand time zones

In their defense, Arizona is a tricky one to keep track of.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Mavric said:

In their defense, Arizona is a tricky one to keep track of.

This youth lives in Washington....

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, The Murphinator said:

No, he hasn't announced yet. 

I mean where there is smoke there is fire. Huffman with a foggy cb now.

Sever said it on the radio I guess.. but Schaefer is basically adamant that he has this one wrong... I’m guessing he is N but a little uneasy.

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

No way there is that much smoke and no fire. Just isn't possible... :dunno I think 

I don't know. He hasn't put the pick in for Boise State yet. Maybe he just doesn't want to get it wrong.

1 minute ago, The Murphinator said:

I don't know. He hasn't put the pick in for Boise State yet I don't know. Maybe he just doesn't want to get it wrong.

With the Boise gets a commitment thing being posted right before my comment, now I just don't know what to think.  Could it just be coincidence they got a commit the same day or is it him, we wont know until this evening and i'd be a bit peeved if I were him and they announced it before I did even without saying my name.

I'm going to be positive about this.  Now hear me out.

What if the Boise St tweet was Harsin just sub-tweeting Chase in a manner to make one last pitch for his commitment?  Not for an actual commitment.

It just seems odd yesterday all the buzz was Nebraska. Crystal Balls all flooding to Nebraska. Then today the Buzz seems to be Boise State. Please dont be Jamire Calvin #2.

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

It just seems odd yesterday all the buzz was Nebraska. Crystal Balls all flooding to Nebraska. Then today the Buzz seems to be Boise State. Please dont be Jamire Calvin #2.

That name is never to mentioned again on huskerboard

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1