Is Scott Frost Following The Barry Alvarez Blueprint?

39 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

You fail to see where people on here have gone from comparing Frosts potential first season to Sabans and moved to comparing it to Barry Alvarez in a little more than a month?

Maybe because people are using apt comparisons? We all know what the reality is right now; so if you’re going to compare to find hope, you have to find something comparable. As things develop, that comparison changes.

Ergo: Alvarez.

(Psstt... it’s not against board rules to use deductive reasoning)

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

You fail to see where people on here have gone from comparing Frosts potential first season to Sabans and moved to comparing it to Barry Alvarez in a little more than a month?

What do you want from us? We hoped it would be a 2-year process like Saban or Stoops, but we're smart enough to see that it's going to be a 4-5 year overhaul. 

Don't like Scott as coach? Too bad, he ain't leaving any time soon. 

Who would you rather have as coach? Riley? If not Riley, who could we have realistically hired last December besides Frost? 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

What do you want from us? We hoped it would be a 2-year process like Saban or Stoops, but we're smart enough to see that it's going to be a 4-5 year overhaul. 

Don't like Scott as coach? Too bad, he ain't leaving any time soon. 

Who would you rather have as coach? Riley? If not Riley, who could we have realistically hired last December? 

I like Frost as coach.  I don’t want him to leave.  I’d rather have Frost.

2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Been a quick downshift from “Nick Saban went 6-6 in his first year” to “Barry Alvarez let a bunch of players go and was terrible for a few years.”

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think this was a valid point and not trolling. But I also think we're just looking for a positive comparison at this point. 

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Hunter94 said:

we need stability in the program, not hire another Mike Reily. just so we can say we made another change.

Stability is a funny word.  If it can be defined as 3 straight losing seasons, this program doesn't necessarily need stability.  It needs winning seasons more than it needs that.

That being said, I don't believe Frost will lead the program to 3 straight losing seasons, and I don't believe the people who are saying they would be okay with it would really be okay with it if it happened.

• Plus1 1