Be prepared for things to get even worse.

7 minutes ago, huskered17 said:

I don't see how it can get any worse, for us this season.

It will take time but his will get turned around in the next couple of years.

GBR!!!

Ya know, I just had a long conversation with a good buddy today and he suggested it might be better long term for this season to be starting poorly versus being 2-2 or even 3-1 at this point with some of the internal strife/transfers were have seen of late. 

The analogy is of a house with a failing foundation, do you want to continue on with a creaky floor that might fail any day, but hope it's ok? Or do you want to tear it out now, suffer for a while up front, but be sure that thing is solid from this day forward? 

Winning a couple at the beginning of the season and some of the bad apples may have struck around, maybe it's harder to bench certain kids, and maybe bad habits taje longer to break, etc.

It was an interesting point of view. 

6 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Ya know, I just had a long conversation with a good buddy today and he suggested it might be better long term for this season to be starting poorly versus being 2-2 or even 3-1 at this point with some of the internal strife/transfers were have seen of late. 

The analogy is of a house with a failing foundation, do you want to continue on with a creaky floor that might fail any day, but hope it's ok? Or do you want to tear it out now, suffer for a while up front, but be sure that thing is solid from this day forward? 

Winning a couple at the beginning of the season and some of the bad apples may have struck around, maybe it's harder to bench certain kids, and maybe bad habits taje longer to break, etc.

Is your good buddy Scott Frost because that is the exact analogy he used in his press conference this week. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I would agree with that approach. Tear it down and start right from the beginning rather than putting off some of the messy stuff. Makes sense to me. It’s not going to be clean or painless in the interim but it should be a better more thorough job.

12 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

BoSolich: This team is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Fan: What do you mean, “biblical”?
MountainMan: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Fan, real wrath-of-God type stuff. 
BoSolich: Exactly.
MountainMan: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.
StPaulHusker: Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes… 
HuskerNation1: The dead rising from the grave.
BoSolich: Injuries, transfers, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together – mass hysteria.

Enough we get the point.

11 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

It was designed to help the players and the school by allowing coaches to play freshman in up to four games and still redshirt them and get them live game experience. The coaches love the new rule. Frost has said he loves the new rule. Players apparently dont understand the new rule. Most probably think they will be eligible next season which isnt the case. 

I wonder if kids are gambling on this to change.  The NCAA doesn't have a good explanation as to why you can transfer and play right away in some sports but not in others like basketball and football.  There may be some pending litigation according to an article I read.  

19 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

It was designed to help the players and the school by allowing coaches to play freshman in up to four games and still redshirt them and get them live game experience. The coaches love the new rule. Frost has said he loves the new rule. Players apparently dont understand the new rule. Most probably think they will be eligible next season which isnt the case. 

That's not necessarily true,  based on how the school year is set up at a particular school.  According to this,  Tyjon will still be eligible next year:

https://hailvarsity.com/s/5003/former-nebraska-wr-tyjon-lindsey-transferring-to-oregon-state

• Fire 1

I'll say this, just my opinion.  Going 4 - 8 with Mike R as head coach is still worse than this year.  Last year and the aftermath in terms of attitude and lack of development make it the worst I've ever felt about Husker Football in my 61 years.  Being 0-5 right now, and regardless of our record at the end of the season, it will be better simply because Scott Frost is head coach.  It is getting better, regardless of short term records.

Now, in the longer range, big picture.  Scott may not be able to get this turned around to the point where we've all dreamed it would, and should go.  But he is here, and I'm equally convinced that if he can't get it done, it won't get done.

When we entered basic Army training, everyone of us was a swaggering, confident swinging dick.  For the next five weeks we progressively became scum, maggots and whale-stuff (which is at the bottom of the ocean).  But, by the end of eleven weeks we could walk through walls, face any threat and had more swagger than one can imagine.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 3

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I hate losing. I despise the fact we are as bad as we are. 

But, have to say, I’m still enjoying the season because I believe we are seeing a foundation being built and the culture bring changed like Frost wants. 

That at makes it much more fun and interesting than last year. 

Getting the quitting issue fixed this year will help build the foundation.  OSU will put that to the test.

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Nebraskas-defense-feels-it-improved-even-in-loss-to-Wisconsin--123004132/

So in the face of all those statistics, why did Eric Lee feel like there was a different energy in the locker room?

The junior cornerback compared it to the 2017 experience.

“I feel like the team is definitely going up,” he said. “Last year’s team would’ve quit and rolled over but this year’s team showed a lot of fight that we weren’t going to go down so easily. That was the big energy in the locker room. We see the mistakes and we finally understand how close we are and lets just keep building a positive environment.”

• Plus1 1