Mavric

*** Official Wisconsin Game Thread ***

I'm going to take some advice from Iron Mike Riley for this one and just "shove it all deep down inside, just shove it down..."

XoNBEk.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, runningblind said:

This is going to go better than all of you expect...

Care to expound on this cryptic drive by?  Such as explaining why and how this will "...go better than you (we) expect."  

I am all for your post, for the record, I just would like to hear some rationale behind it.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Care to expound on this cryptic drive by?  Such as explaining why and how this will "...go better than you (we) expect."  

I am all for your post, for the record, I just would like to hear some rationale behind it.

Screenshot_20181006-112513_Chrome.thumb.jpg.963cb669e3714d5f10c78b492a65b485.jpg

Mainly because Wisconsin has taken a step back on defense this year. They are not in Michigan's class defensively anymore.  They are #50 in run defense and looked quite poor against 3-3 BYU at home. They are still #25 in passing D, but haven't played anyone who really throws the ball.  They are #126 in sacks and #69 in third down defense.  All of those things scream that this team isn't an unbeatable top 10/15 team.

I know Hornibrook has graded ok this season, but he isn't a world beater if you can make him throw in obvious situations. He has never impressed me.

Will Wisconsin win? Most likely yes. Will it be 56-10? I don't see it without a +5 Badger turnover margin.  It's sure possible that NU turns it over 6 times, but this feels like a close game to me.

• Plus1 3
  • Eyeroll 1

So....they are ahead of us in every statistical category except 3 (1 barely) and that is proof we'll keep it close? Don't get me wrong, I too think it will be much closer than many expect but I'm only basing that on a gut feeling that one of these days things are going to begin to click and that we'll stop shooting ourselves in the foot. Unfortunately there are no stats or proof to back up my baseless optimism. But I do think some things begin to fall in place for the Huskers. It may not be the victory we so desperately need but just a few less crucial penalties and not getting destroyed by turnovers could make this a much closer game than most expect.

• Plus1 1

I'm pumping myself up for this one right now by watching some Mike Riley highlights.

That's where we're at here.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Mainly because Wisconsin has taken a step back on defense this year. They are not in Michigan's class defensively anymore. 

Are they in Troy, Purdue, or Colorado's class? ;)

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

So, Texas seems to be turning the corner and taking it to the Sooners. We are far from turning any corners but beating Wisconsin can at least give this team some confidence to believe they can actually get there one day...

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, runningblind said:

Ray of sunshine, you are. 

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I've heard tell of this Miles Jones character, but for the life of me I don't remember seeing him play.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, lo country said:

Over under on penalties?

What's more than infinity? 

3 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

So, Texas seems to be turning the corner and taking it to the Sooners. We are far from turning any corners but beating Wisconsin can at least give this team some confidence to believe they can actually get there one day...

Herman looked bad in years 1 and 2, but they look good this year. I can wait until year 3 for Frost.

I would have never believed that Nebraska Wisconsin would be relegated to BTN. That is a true measure of how far we have fallen.

• Plus1 1

Texas plays the ever living piss out of OU every year then loses to like Iowa State and Kansas State.  It's not shocking.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Cool . I think I would be good to see both those guys get some playing time in whatever capacity they can . 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

Cool . I think I would be good to see both those guys get some playing time in whatever capacity they can . 

Mazour is going to light it up today.  Semi tongue and cheek here, but I am hoping, I love that kid.

• Plus1 1

These announcers are sitting really really close to each other. Who is sitting on who?

• Haha 1

Let's just play a cleaner game. I'm not expecting miracles but how about less of the drive killing or extending penalities, turnovers, special teams gaffes and all the other self-imploding bullsh-t.

6 hours ago, runningblind said:

I agree.  I think this is the game where Frost begins to gain traction in getting players to buy into the system and play better.  

Nice avie.  :)

Wow...the defense already not looking like they got off the bus. Between the large cushion on the pass play and being bullied by the Wisky RB...ugh 

Just now, man eating mastodon said:

Running at will.

Just wait I wrote scott frost this week and told him to give the D and O line knifes told him a game changer.

This is what Nebraska used to be.  And we knew Wisconsin would do this.  They haven't scored yet and the defense just needs to adapt and figure it out.  

And we have not had a penalty yet.  That's good!  

1 minute ago, man eating mastodon said:

Running at will.

Will Honas *is* an inside linebacker...so yeah, they would. :D