Reffing

The last two games, even though we didnt play well, the refs were pretty terrible with phantom penalties at key moments. What's the over under or terrible no calls on holds, phantom holding the reciever l, p.I., no calls on obvious p.i. against us, or b.s. roughing the passer on 3rd down incompletion calls? My bet, depends on how long we are un the game, I'm thinking we're in it until half time, so I'd say 5 terrible ref jobs leading to 10 Wisconsin points before half, pretty sure that' what it was against Purdue. Fornthe game 7 terrible ref calls leading to 17 points total, until we are safely out of the game and the refs start to balance it out with calls against Wiscy so the bias isn't QUITE that obvious.

Absent at Nebraska practices?  Does anyone know?  I mean real officials, not GA’s and students with striped shirts. If players get away with penalties in practice then....as every coach says “you play how you practice “.  Not saying that is going on at NU, but it makes me wonder. 

I am by no means suggesting we dont commit penalties, but no calls on p.i. when both Morgans arms were being held down on what would have been a surr td, holding the receiver on our interception, that no one could find on replay, roughing the passer, on a critical late 3rd down stop, in which our guy was manhandled into the qb, our right side d end held nearly every 1st quarter pass play, and even others I can't remember now that had announcers on both tv and radio shaking their heads. There is a reason the entire stadium booed the refs LOUDLY last week. 

• Plus1 3

17 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

There were bad calls but lets be honest, the refs didn't cost Nebraska the game last week

Well I mean the BS roughing the passer

on Freedom when he was pushed in the back was on third down and led to a TD at a point in the game when the offense was starting to roll but okay. 

22 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

The last two games, even though we didnt play well, the refs were pretty terrible with phantom penalties at key moments. What's the over under or terrible no calls on holds, phantom holding the reciever l, p.I., no calls on obvious p.i. against us, or b.s. roughing the passer on 3rd down incompletion calls? My bet, depends on how long we are un the game, I'm thinking we're in it until half time, so I'd say 5 terrible ref jobs leading to 10 Wisconsin points before half, pretty sure that' what it was against Purdue. Fornthe game 7 terrible ref calls leading to 17 points total, until we are safely out of the game and the refs start to balance it out with calls against Wiscy so the bias isn't QUITE that obvious.

I've gotten used to the refs and their networks trying to juice the games to keep people watching. It's gone against the other teams as well and I expect the excitement enhancing by the refs to continue.

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

I've gotten used to the refs and their networks trying to juice the games to keep people watching. It's gone against the other teams as well and I expect the excitement enhancing by the refs to continue.

Doesnt add much excitement when it leads to a blowout/ uncompetitve game because we arent yet good enough to beat the other team, the refs, and our own mistakes.

• Plus1 1

Yes, poor reffing has crept up, now and then, but like JJ stated, we need to play well enough to be in the game, moreso than hoping for better calls, even though, bad calls took the air out of any potential come back last week.

16 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Doesnt add much excitement when it leads to a blowout/ uncompetitve game because we arent yet good enough to beat the other team, the refs, and our own mistakes.

They mostly do it in competitive games. You didn't see it against Michigan....what would be the point?

As well as enabling their half time lead. 10 points in first half were handed to mn by the refs.

4 minutes ago, TAKODA said:

Yes, poor reffing has crept up, now and then, but like JJ stated, we need to play well enough to be in the game, moreso than hoping for better calls, even though, bad calls took the air out of any potential come back last week.

As well as enabling their half time lead. 10 points in first half were handed to mn by the refs.