Reffing

1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Haha idk, we had what I consider an all time great among ref screw jobs a few years back against Texas A & M. The Purdue game last week was only a quarter as bad as that, and twice as bad as what the refs were today.

The great screw job was when the lions played the cowboys in the playoffs.  Nebraska vs fsu is 2nd then Nebraska vs Texas A&M.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

We lead plenty of bad ones :p

I sure does seem like we get called for holding more than our fair share. I would not be surprised at all if we actually do hold more though. OL who aren't very good need to hold more often.

Yeah it seems lopsided but we also seem to be actually holding a lot. It's more difficult to determine if they're missing it a lot on the opponents. As undisciplined as we play all over the field, I'm guessing it's not some big conspiracy.

Maybe its the no calls that the other 

3 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

We’re averaging what, 10+ penalties a game?  With a different crew each game. 

There’s not a conspiracy against us, we’re just undisciplined. 

I can accept that, perhaps its all the no calls that other teams seem to.get away with, constantly that irritates me more.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
Just now, Born N Bled Red said:

Maybe its the no calls that the other 

I can accept that, perhaps its all the no calls that other teams seem to.get away with, constantly that irritates me more.

I admit some of the calls tonight were bad (especially the block in the back), but like someone said above, when the offensive lineman gets beat, they tend to grab. Hence a lot of calls. Especially when Adrian holds the ball for five or six seconds. 

How often did you see our DL beat their OL tonight. No need for them to hold, so less calls. 

you can call holding any damn play you want! So, it seems BS that we seem to get called much more. the block in the back called on Foster was bad bad bad. The illegal block on the punt return was pure BS. I have long thought the Big 10 is going to make us be the much better team when it comes to penalties! We get screwed alot.

2 minutes ago, rdwoodpecker said:

you can call holding any damn play you want! So, it seems BS that we seem to get called much more. the block in the back called on Foster was bad bad bad. The illegal block on the punt return was pure BS. I have long thought the Big 10 is going to make us be the much better team when it comes to penalties! We get screwed alot.

Why do we have the number of penalties in non conference games then.

The victim mentality displayed here is pathetic.  There isn't some conspiracy against Nebraska.  If the B1G wanted the fix to be in it would be in our favor if anything.  N being good and Frost being successful is in the conference's benefit.

Calls get missed on both sides every week in every game at every level.  We get a hell of a lot more holding calls b/c our guys get beat more often.  When that stops happening the calls will go down.  Until then maybe try and cut down on the false start penalties, those are pretty simple.

• Plus1 3

Just shut this thread down already. Pretty weak to try and use “refs are against us” as some kind of rationale for how these games end up when finished.

fact of the matter is this is an incredibly overmatched team talent wise, recruited for 3 different systems, that also happens to accel at nothing on the field.  

They also happen to be incredibly undisciplined- to think there is some conspiracy going on against this team is just a cop out 

• Fire 1

When we joined the Big Ten I toured some of the message boards from other teams. Almost every one of them said to be ready for some really bad officiating.

It's been seven plus years. Nothing I've seen has led me to believe those folks were wrong. These guys are bad sometimes. Really, really bad.

That doesn't mean Nebraska isn't undisciplined, making stupid mistakes, and getting caught. They are. Every game. A lot. A ton of these calls are legit & should be called.

But the refs still suck. And once a team gets a reputation for penalties, refs are human and humans follow trends. 

It can be both that Nebraska is undisciplined and the refs are making bad calls. 

• Plus1 8