Reffing

1 minute ago, WyoHusker56 said:

You can't tell me Northwestern only had one penalty in that game. 60+ pass attempts and not a single holding call? Bull 

yeah, i know what you are writing.  60 pass attempts and no holding calls??!!  i used to think the ref bias thing against nebraska was kind of "tin-hat" type stuff, but...

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Yeah i mean that would be crazy to think there is some conspiracy, but the result is the same. We are beating ourselves but the refs are lending a big helping hand. 

I agree mostly. I dont know if officiating has cost this team a win and even if it has what's the teams record 1-5. There are bigger issues facing Nebraska.

2 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Can someone who believes the refs are against Nebraska please explain to me the reason? Why would the big10 want to conspire against Nebraska its only blue blood program in the west? 

Is the officiating bad. yes. Is it a conspiracy to keep Nebraska from winning? No. It's not the refs fault aaron Williams is a horrible player or that foster a team captain is good for 2 penalties a game.

Not what I’m saying at all. No conspiracy theories.

10 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

When you have a terrible pass rush, teams don't have to hold to keep you away from their quarterback.  Not rocket science.

True, but even still there were he's. I mean a 1 penalty game is still just insane. Our receivers weren't held or interfered with once? Hitting Martinez on a slide wasn't a penalty? Crap they average 3.2 per game. 

Edit: the reffing also isn't why we lost, it didn't help, but it's not the reason. Still just insane. 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

True, but even still there were he's. I mean a 1 penalty game is still just insane. Our receivers weren't held or interfered with once? Hitting Martinez on a slide wasn't a penalty? Crap they average 3.2 per game. 

Edit: the reffing also isn't why we lost, it didn't help, but it's not the reason. Still just insane. 

Not saying the reffing was perfect; but outside of the Martinez slide no-call and the 1 PI penalty on us, I didn't see any other bad or marginal calls; in fact, we probably could have been called for PI in the end zone on the play where the ball hit our defender in the back.

2 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

Not saying the reffing was perfect; but outside of the Martinez slide no-call and the 1 PI penalty on us, I didn't see any other bad or marginal calls; in fact, we probably could have been called for PI in the end zone on the play where the ball hit our defender in the back.

2 intentional groundings on their touchdown drive.   The non holding call when Gifford was going in.   That whole drive to tie was terrible 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

2 intentional groundings on their touchdown drive.   The non holding call when Gifford was going in.   That whole drive to tie was terrible 

Those intentional grounding calls were confusing. I thought the ball had to be passed the line of scrimmage.  Maybe the receiver was in the area but they weren't that close to the ball especially the second one.

2 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

The uncalled intentional groundings looked bad; but there was a receiver in the area on both; I don't know which play your talking about with Gifford, but will take your word for it that the refs missed a call.  I'm sure calls were missed. I'm not sure it was lopsided and I'm quite sure it's not why we lost the game.  IMHO the only thing worse than being 0-6 is being 0-6 and having fans complain about the refs...It's just not a good look.

• Fire 1
7 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

I was at the game with a good view of nearly all plays. NW was holding on offense the entire game and not called once. It was not hard to miss yet the refs let it go.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Dbqgolfer said:

The uncalled intentional groundings looked bad; but there was a receiver in the area on both; I don't know which play your talking about with Gifford, but will take your word for it that the refs missed a call.  I'm sure calls were missed. I'm not sure it was lopsided and I'm quite sure it's not why we lost the game.  IMHO the only thing worse than being 0-6 is being 0-6 and having fans complain about the refs...It's just not a good look.

Like matty said earlier.... they were called for 2 penalty’s all game.   One was picked up.....

he threw the ball 40 damn times.  Do you really think they didn’t hold on all 40 of those plays.   I’d really like to see the stat of holding calls to throwing attempts.... especially when the defense is blitzing like we did

7 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Those intentional grounding calls were confusing. I thought the ball had to be passed the line of scrimmage.  Maybe the receiver was in the area but they weren't that close to the ball especially the second one.

No, the ball doesn’t have to cross the line of scrimmage when a receiver is in the area and both instances their were Wildcats receivers in the area.   

The ball crossing the LOS comes into play more when throwing it away out of bounds and when no receiver is around