Reffing

2 minutes ago, CheeseHusker said:

Indescribably terrible all day.

At least one or two helped us.

That’s what so many forget (or choose to not pay attention to). These officials are flat out bad. We do seem to get more of the really egregious calls (or not get, Stanley late hit and the end zone PI), but we got some questionable ones our way today too. 

They really (to me anyway) just appear to be really, really bad. 

• Plus1 2

I understand they miss it both ways and I'm biased....but there were 3-4 pretty big no calls and then at least a couple they threw that didn't need to be.  I feel like the conference needs to so a little better quality control on their officiating crews.

1 minute ago, Branno said:

Something that will benefit the “better” team? 

There it is

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Redux said:

I understand they miss it both ways and I'm biased....but there were 3-4 pretty big no calls and then at least a couple they threw that didn't need to be.  I feel like the conference needs to so a little better quality control on their officiating crews.

First they have to actually get some quality, then they can work on controlling it. I think today was about the worst I've seen from B1G officiating....and that's saying a lot.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

That’s what so many forget (or choose to not pay attention to). These officials are flat out bad. We do seem to get more of the really egregious calls (or not get, Stanley late hit and the end zone PI), but we got some questionable ones our way today too. 

They really (to me anyway) just appear to be really, really bad. 

Bingo.  As I said in a status update, the refs aren’t biased against NU, they are just incompetent.

I’m not sure of the inner workings of the B1G, but there needs to be a throurgh review of each ref in the offseason and many need to be shown the road.

• Fire 1