Reffing

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Calls that we think are s#!tty are not so much on the refs but on the "rules" that they are told to enforce...

With that said I have chatted with refs during games that have told me "My goal for tonight is to not throw a flag" so...

Then why do they always throw them when our opponent has an incomplete pass on 3rd and long near the end of the game?

• Haha 1

Whether or not the refs are calling or not calling penalties, i think the bottom line is just that they are soooo inconsistent on what is called vs not called.  I've seen us get away with a couple of things that weren't called that were far more egregious than things we have been called for.  The non-calls on the obvious is what gets me the most.  Twisting guys heads off, late hits out of bounds, etc, late hits on our QB or hit in the head while he's sliding not called, but we touch their Precious and boom, it's 15.

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Whether or not the refs are calling or not calling penalties, i think the bottom line is just that they are soooo inconsistent on what is called vs not called.  I've seen us get away with a couple of things that weren't called that were far more egregious than things we have been called for.  The non-calls on the obvious is what gets me the most.  Twisting guys heads off, late hits out of bounds, etc, late hits on our QB or hit in the head while he's sliding not called, but we touch their Precious and boom, it's 15.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I just saw the Reed sack again today and it reminded me that we got damn lucky that the refs didn't flag that for a targeting.  Same on the Gifford sack earlier in the game.

Disagree.  His head was up, looking at the play, the helmet to helmet contact was just incidental and that is legal.