Reffing

3 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Disagree.  His head was up, looking at the play, the helmet to helmet contact was just incidental and that is legal. 

That's how I saw it as well. Seems like college also hasn't bought into protecting the QB as much as the NFL. They'll definitely call roughing, but I've seen quite a few no calls on QB hits in college that would've been flags and fines in the NFL. There are exceptions of course, like the call against Freedom earlier in the year - that would've barely been a penalty in flag football.

It wasn’t relevant whether the play is technically legal. What was relevant is whether Nebraska normally gets called for it, and I would guess we get called for it 4 times out of 5. There was also a hit on the QB by Barry I was a little surprised didn’t get called as roughing the passer because it was a little late. I’m not saying either of the plays should have been penalized, but that normally they would be because they’re the type of play we’ve been penalized for in the past. 

These refs sucked for being inconsistent but they could have been much worse (which is kind of scary).

• Plus1 1

I'm normally the type that says get so far ahead reffing doesn't matter. But that no call on Morgan's PI in the endzone was crazy.

The MSU player grabbed his shoulder pads under his face mask and held him, then pushed him. Both holding and pushing with the ball in the air. It was so blatant and 2 or 3 of the refs had to have seen it. The side and back judges at least.