2018 Season Record

URSS

On the road against Iowa is our 2nd toughest remaining game in my opinion. 12th game in a row, in a pretty hostile location, and the opponent wants to crush us. We will have to see how (truly) healthy we are going into that game, but that feels like a likely loss. If we have something to play for though, it could be a really good game.

Other than that and the Ohio State game, I feel like we can win every game on this schedule. The offenses get mostly easier, which would have been a problem for Diaco but I trust Chinander will take care of this. Scratch and claw for 6 wins and the narrative for this season changes dramatically and we finish with a strong recruiting class and lots of promise for next year with all the young guys getting so much PT.

• Plus1 3

8 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

On the road against Iowa is our 2nd toughest remaining game in my opinion. 12th game in a row, in a pretty hostile location, and the opponent wants to crush us. We will have to see how (truly) healthy we are going into that game, but that feels like a likely loss. If we have something to play for though, it could be a really good game.

Other than that and the Ohio State game, I feel like we can win every game on this schedule. The offenses get mostly easier, which would have been a problem for Diaco but I trust Chinander will take care of this. Scratch and claw for 6 wins and the narrative for this season changes dramatically and we finish with a strong recruiting class and lots of promise for next year with all the young guys getting so much PT.

I like this ^^^ post.  :thumbs

• Plus1 1

We will have a pretty good chance against Bethune-Cookman although I feel even that is not an automatic by any means considering the type of play this team has shown this year. If they overlook them, continue with the costly penalties and dumb mistakes that could be a very embarrassing loss. Beyond that I'm not confident we can beat any of the remaining teams on the schedule. OSU, no chance. Northwestern, MSU & Iowa, slim to no chance. Illinois and  Minn, a chance if they can play a near perfect game. 0-12, not likely but possible, 1-11 is very possible, 2-10 is the most likely IMHO and 3-9 if they get things fall into place and they get lucky. Anything better than that is a pipe dream.

• Plus1 1

Just now, Warrior said:

Thanks for posting that.  while 28 seems low I don't foresee a lot of the teams ahead of us in that 5 win category.  Many of those schools are already bowl eligible or close.  Just a thought I know we need our 1st W and I'm hoping it comes this weekend!

You're right. There are already 4 bowl eligible teams and sizable number of 5-0 or 5-1 teams