Jurgens to Center

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

Henrich and Jurgens together at LB would be scary in 2 years. 

I don’t disagree, but Jurgens isn’t at LB right now. Jurgens as the anchor of the line for 3-4 years is also very appealing. Frost is beginning to realize how important the center is in his offense. Conrad sucked and Farmer is only serviceable. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I know it was 40 years ago, but NU had a pretty quick and athletic center in the early 1980s. He even won Big 8 Offensive Player of the Year. You might have heard of him, guy by the name of Rimington. 

Did Dave start out as a TE/LB?  I don't know the answer and it's hard to compare what is needed for Frost's offense compared to an 80's TO offense, just wondering if you knew.  Wisconsin does similar things.  Some of their best guards and tackles weren't those positions when recruited.  When I heard them talking about this, my first thought was the team had turned Frost into:

giphy.webp

46 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It used to be your most athletic OL played tackle.  Coaches must feel pretty confident in who we have or are getting to make Jurgens a center

He is 6’3”, so maybe undersized for a tackle. Center requires a particular amount of flexibility and football acumen. I wonder how cerebral he is about the game (true question not an accusation)?

• Plus1 2

21 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

He is 6’3”, so maybe undersized for a tackle. Center requires a particular amount of flexibility and football acumen. I wonder how cerebral he is about the game (true question not an accusation)?

I suppose he’s somewhat short for T.  He’s been running it in scout team so he must have a decent working knowledge of it

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

They mentioned on Sip & Jake or Sharp & Benning fairly recently that Sean Beckton was continually having to fend off the line coaches trying to get him for OL duty. I guess the line coaches won out. I think it is a good move as long as he is on board with it. Lord knows we need help there and next year is going to be worse due to graduation.

Benning has been alluding to him as a tackle for over a year, mentioning his frame could easily convert to an athletic OL. Was a little surprised to hear Center but not about moving him to OL