Jurgens to Center

6 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Exactly. He can really move. Who is the most athletic center in the NFL? Jason Kelce? They aren't built anywhere near the same way. But, like you said, they know him better than anyone

I know it was 40 years ago, but NU had a pretty quick and athletic center in the early 1980s. He even won Big 8 Offensive Player of the Year. You might have heard of him, guy by the name of Rimington. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Toe said:

I hate to say it, but this feels like a desperation move, trying anything they can to make the O-line suck less.

Possible, but this is a move to make the team the best in the long-term. There are a number of guys who can play TE, and we are recruiting good LB’s behind Jurgens this year. If he can be a stud center, that will help the offense immensely. 

2 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

He'll do whatever they want, but a Kelce type tight end would open up our offense.

I think we have decent tight ends right now, and Hickman could end up at TE, as well. Jurgens is a great blocker at TE, but do we know he’s a great receiver, as well?  

1 minute ago, JimmyBuckets said:

I am guessing locking up Henrich and Hickman helped make this decision a bit easier.

This!!  Henrich will be a starting MLB his sophomore year and Hickman will add depth to the TE position. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think we have decent tight ends right now, and Hickman could end up at TE, as well. Jurgens is a great blocker at TE, but do we know he’s a great receiver, as well?  

This!!  Henrich will be a starting MLB his sophomore year and Hickman will add depth to the TE position. 

Henrich will be a starting MLB his freshman year. He is that talented.

• Plus1 1