taylor and washington look ready to step up

3 minutes ago, Husker Richard said:

Loved Ziggy's resilience tonight. Named the starter this week, yet Mo seemed to get the majority of the snaps. Mo goes down and Ziggy comes in and takes advantage of his opportunity. No pouting and no quit. 

Frost obviously felt that NU’s line wasn’t going to be good enough against Wisconsin’s front 7 to run right at them. That’s why Ozigbo didn’t get many carries. It was annoying to hear the BTN announcers commenting that Ozigbo was wasn’t getting many carries. I like Kugler, but he should know that running straight at Wisconsin isn’t like running straight at Purdue. 

• Plus1 5

49 minutes ago, Kernal Corn said:

The way Mo Wash he got right up after he got targeted showed he is a one tough difference maker.

The way he crawled off the field on another play was a little odd.  It looked like he crawled all the way to the bench :lol:  Kid needs to get in the weight room and put some meat on those chicken legs.  Exciting football player, glad he wears the N.

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Frost obviously felt that NU’s line wasn’t going to be good enough against Wisconsin’s front 7 to run right at them.  That’s why Ozigbo didn’t get many carries. It was annoying to hear the BTN announcers commenting that Ozigbo was wasn’t getting many carries. I like Kugler, but he should know that running straight at Wisconsin isn’t like running straight at Purdue. 

The bolded part...I concur.  Frost said it plainly in his press conference, "They're just better than we are right now."

20 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Frost obviously felt that NU’s line wasn’t going to be good enough against Wisconsin’s front 7 to run right at them. That’s why Ozigbo didn’t get many carries. It was annoying to hear the BTN announcers commenting that Ozigbo was wasn’t getting many carries. I like Kugler, but he should know that running straight at Wisconsin isn’t like running straight at Purdue. 

This guy gets it

• Plus1 1

21 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

IIRC. Last season, Wisconsin struggled to stop Ozigbo most of the first half. I would have liked to see more of a running game Saturday. 

4 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Ozigbo career vs Wisconsin leading into Saturday

2015 3 carries for 9 yards

2016 10 carries 33 yards TD

2017 23 carries 112 yards

14 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

IIRC. Last season, Wisconsin struggled to stop Ozigbo most of the first half. I would have liked to see more of a running game Saturday. 

We also had a staff that had preferred the one back approach and frequently dismissed the idea of any kind of backfield rotation during those years. When you look at frost at UCF a lot of guys carried the rock, the idea is to take advantage of mismatches. The staff thought wiskey might struggle with washington in space. it was worth a try.

21 minutes ago, husker98 said:

We also had a staff that had preferred the one back approach and frequently dismissed the idea of any kind of backfield rotation during those years. When you look at frost at UCF a lot of guys carried the rock, the idea is to take advantage of mismatches. The staff thought wiskey might struggle with washington in space. it was worth a try.

True.  I’ve just been impressed with Ozigbo this season and would have liked to see him get more touches, but Washington is pretty special.