When will the penalties stop?

The penalties are killing us week in week out and the coaches don’t seem to be doing anything to address them. If I were Williams, I would be pissed. Every positive play he had was brutal ugh back by some idiotic penalty. Some penalties were totally avoidable. At what point does Scott Frost take out a player for committing a stupid penalty and replace him the entire game! We will never win a game when we commit 11 penalties for 110 yards no including offsetting penalties. We keep saying this is on the players but I am sure our millionaire coaches can do something about it. We seem to be committing a penalty or two on every series. The game we win will be the game we commit less penalties than our opponent. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

The penalties are killing us week in week out and the coaches don’t seem to be doing anything to address them. If I were Williams, I would be pissed. Every positive play he had was brutal ugh back by some idiotic penalty. Some penalties were totally avoidable. At what point does Scott Frost take out a player for committing a stupid penalty and replace him the entire game! We will never win a game when we commit 11 penalties for 110 yards no including offsetting penalties. We keep saying this is on the players but I am sure our millionaire coaches can do something about it. We seem to be committing a penalty or two on every series. The game we win will be the game we commit less penalties than our opponent. 

You truly don't think the coaches are addressing penalties?

Seriously?......

• Plus1 3

17 minutes ago, TheSker said:

You truly don't think the coaches are addressing penalties?

Seriously?......

Last week, we had 10 penalties, this week 13 penalties with two offsetting, so, yes, I think the coaches are not doing enough to address these penalties. Also, our special teams coach is not worth a cent. At this point, just have any other person do that job. We can blame the players all we want, the coaches need to have a strategy to address these penalties that have not got any better.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, huskerfan74 said:

Last week, we had 10 penalties, this week 13 penalties with two offsetting, so, yes, I think the coaches are not doing enough to address these penalties. Also, our special teams coach is not worth a cent. At this point, just have any other person do that job. We can blame the players all we want, the coaches need to have a strategy to address these penalties that have not got any better.

One of my favorite answers is "just put someone else in"........

That seems very strategic.

I'm certain the coaches are addressing the penalties, like some have mentioned these penalties were different this week. Yes they don't help us win the game and do hurt us, but I think we only had one personal foul tonight which is an improvement over last weeks mess. The players need to do what the coaches are telling them to do and just putting someone else in isn't an option when we have zero depth. 

• Plus1 1

We average 6 holding penalties a game, yes every game we have had 6 holding penalties.  Thats 60 yards right there plus whatever the yardage where it occurred.  We need to clean that up and stop punching our offense in the nuts.  Tonight we actually overcame some of those that the last 4 games basically killed the drive, so thats a plus.  We apparently like to play out of a hole with turnovers, penalties and turnovers.  

1 minute ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

We average 6 holding penalties a game, yes every game we have had 6 holding penalties.  Thats 60 yards right there plus whatever the yardage where it occurred.  We need to clean that up and stop punching our offense in the nuts.  Tonight we actually overcame some of those that the last 4 games basically killed the drive, so thats a plus.  We apparently like to play out of a hole with turnovers, penalties and turnovers.  

Your are wrong on the average holding penalties per game. Before Wisconsin the team had 7 holding penalties.  Here is a OWH story on penalties from this past week.https://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/penalty-numbers-back-it-up-nebraska-really-is-one-of/article_800d831a-7de5-5b06-a8e8-7107f60bfa99.html

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Offensive holding?  No we aren't.

We had 1 against Colorado

We had 2 against Troy

We had 1 against Michigan

We had 3 against Purdue

We had 5 tonight (two were off-setting so they aren't officially in the total)

So we've never even had six in a single game, much less average six.

• Plus1 3
Just now, Mavric said:

Offensive holding?  No we aren't.

We had 1 against Colorado

We had 2 against Troy

We had 1 against Michigan

We had 3 against Purdue

We had 5 tonight (two were off-setting so they aren't officially in the total

So we've never even had six in a single game, much less average six.

Sometimes people just want to make up “facts”. 

• Plus1 2