When will the penalties stop?

48 minutes ago, Undone said:

I was just telling someone this same thing. Jaimes is quietly having a very good season. He's strong and his technique is good. When Farmer plays center we look fine at center, left guard, and left tackle. IMHO Foster & Farniok lack a little bit of strength and just get pushed around a bit and then hold in order to protect Martinez.

Our tackles have been odd this year.  Against Colorado Farniok struggled.  Then against Troy, Jaimes had a terrible game.  Now it's flipped back to Jaimes being solid and Farniok struggling.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Our tackles have been odd this year.  Against Colorado Farniok struggled.  Then against Troy, Jaimes had a terrible game.  Now it's flipped back to Jaimes being solid and Farniok struggling.

I think Jaimes didn’t get a good block on a linebacker which forced Martinez back inside where he fumbled. I don’t know how Jaimes is supposed to block on that play but he heads straight to the LB who moves outside reacting to Martinez. Jaimes isn’t quick enough so Martinez cuts back inside. Seems like if Jaimes knew Martinez was going to run outside then he could have taken a different angle and been in a much better position to make a block.

On 10/6/2018 at 8:49 PM, TheSker said:

You truly don't think the coaches are addressing penalties?

Seriously?......

After 5 games Nebraska ranks #128 in penalties. Only Kent State is worse.

So while the coaches are no doubt addressing penalties, the team remains historically bad. 

Penalties typically reflect discipline, and discipline typically reflects on the coach. 

I think the Huskers will be more disciplined by the end of the year, and more still next year when the personnel settles in. 

But don't pretend you wouldn't be savaging the head coach if the team was getting flagged like this last year. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

But don't pretend you wouldn't be savaging the head coach if the team was getting flagged like this last year. 

I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand that Riley brought a resume to the table that had literally zero qualifications to be the head coach at Nebraska.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, TheSker said:

I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand that Riley brought a resume to the table that had literally zero qualifications to be the head coach at Nebraska.

"Literally zero" is a strong and stupid choice of words, but it does reveal why you are so ready to forgive Scott Frost for things you couldn't abide in Mike Riley.

There's not a single person near as I can tell who would prefer Mike Riley over Scott Frost at the moment, but I'll give you the chance to double-down anyway.

Under the criteria you've already established, why shouldn't five games with zero wins, the most penalties and a historically bad scoring defense generate even mild questioning of the current coach? As I recall from a mere 12 month ago, you said it was wrong to throw the players under the bus. 

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

This says a lot btw.

......just fyi.......

Did you just say "fyi" regarding a post I wrote myself? 

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

"Literally zero" is a strong and stupid choice of words, but it does reveal why you are so ready to forgive Scott Frost for things you couldn't abide in Mike Riley.

Agreed about my choice of wording.

Riley did a great disservice to our upperclassmen and it shows on the field.

I think most are aware of that.

But yes, my wording was incorrect and strong.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Under the criteria you've already established, why shouldn't five games with zero wins, the most penalties and a historically bad scoring defense generate even mild questioning of the current coach?

I have no big reason to question the coaching staff at this point in time.

Big...meaning....the grand scheme of things.  Sure, we can nit pick about this or that....but, for the most part, I'm fine with what they have been doing.