What Did We Learn? - Wisconsin

Mavric

30 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Would you want your college professor to say things like that in class! Why should it be any different on the field? And, no, I am not Being sensitive. I just think that a university setting should be free of this kind of behavior.

If my college professor were wearing stretchy pants and an ugly gray sweatshirt, I think I would expect some profanity in the daily lecture. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I am sorry for thinking that a COLLEGE football coach should be more professional. I can maybe understand if he said “hell yeah” or even “f#$& yeah” but he said “F#$& YOU MOTHER#$&*$RS”, which was directed at the Huskers. These are college kids and for those who are comparing themselves swearing at home to a COLLEGE football coach swearing on TV...I say come on, get serious. What would you think if Scott Frost was caught on camera saying that? To be honest, I would take Scott Frost and his sideline behavior and his 0-5 start over Bo Pelini and his 5-0 start any time. These coaches are educating these kids and building their character and getting them ready for careers not just sports. They are expected to respect the fact that they are at a UNIVERSITY. Would you want your college professor to say things like that in class! Why should it be any different on the field? And, no, I am not Being sensitive. I just think that a university setting should be free of this kind of behavior.

His comments pail in comparison to what the players are saying to each other on the field.  I know everyone thinks you get flagged for that stuff but you would be surprised at what you can say pretty loudly before a ref will even come to you and say hey watch your mouth.  I used to have calm full blown conversations with opposing players laced with expletives.  These aren't college kids they are men at this point.  My coach never cussed but didn't stop me or my teammates from having vocabularies like sailors.

• Plus1 1

I remember back in the day when Nebraska's players would take the smallest thing said by our opponents and turn it into bulletin board material.  Like back in 1997 when Peyton Manning said Nebraska's defense is a pretty basic 4-3 with not a lot of different looks.  Factually what Manning said was spot on.  However, our players felt like he just insulted their mothers and took it out on him during the '98 Orange Bowl.

I really, REALLY miss those days.

I would love to see our payers take stuff like this and turn it into bulletin board material.

9 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I remember back in the day when Nebraska's players would take the smallest thing said by our opponents and turn it into bulletin board material.  Like back in 1997 when Peyton Manning said Nebraska's defense is a pretty basic 4-3 with not a lot of different looks.  Factually what Manning said was spot on.  However, our players felt like he just insulted their mothers and took it out on him during the '98 Orange Bowl.

I really, REALLY miss those days.

I would love to see our payers take stuff like this and turn it into bulletin board material.

I'm totally fine with the coaches/players reaching for anything they can to motivate themselves for the game.

14 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

This is the generation of being offended so why not I guess

You confuse the act of not putting up with someone's (hypocritical) s*** with being offended. 

13 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Would you want your college professor to say things like that in class! Why should it be any different on the field? And, no, I am not Being sensitive. I just think that a university setting should be free of this kind of behavior.

F*** yes I would. Keeps the conversation lively, grounded, and grabs the viewers attention. Plus unless you go to some Bible school like Liberty, you see this at just about all University settings and campuses. Not sure why we're holding on to unrealistic, unnecessary standards here...

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Maybe the teams we have played just have higher averages because they have played us. 

Scoring average for our first 5 opponents:  36.3

Scoring average for our first 5 opponents without Nebraska included:  35.6

Defense looks to have been pretty 'average'.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

Scoring average for our first 5 opponents:  36.3

Scoring average for our first 5 opponents without Nebraska included:  35.6

Defense looks to have been pretty 'average'.

I’ll trust your math but what does it tell us if our defense is better then average at YPP but worse then average for scoring?

15 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

I just saw a video that caught Paul Chryst mouthing off “F$&# you motherf#$&$rs” after scoring at the end of the first half. I lost every ounce of respect for this pathetic sack of meat. He should be fined and he should have to apologize to the husker fans and players. What did we ever do to this low class POS? They have beaten us six times I a row. Why is he the one cussing us?

Nebraska fired his good friend and mentor, Mike Riley.  That's probably why Chryst said what he did.

• Plus1 2