Well hello there Justice Kavanaugh

Just now, Moiraine said:

It could be argued that she deserves to lose her job because she's stupid enough to do what she did and they don't want to employ stupid people.

Yeah, I know...but more than likely she is probably a pretty decent teacher.  Maybe she sucks, who knows.  She was clearly stupid in this case.

16 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's about the swing vote for a generation of Supreme Court decisions. 

If that makes me part of the mob, I'll go ahead and spring for the pitchforks.  

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You JUST said you would spring for the pitchforks...literally ten minutes ago.

The important part in his statement is "If that makes me part of the mob"

The pitchforks part is figure of speech.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Nobody forces you to post here.

Actually you do. I read your posts and the instincts and moral obligations I have asa teacher and educator kick in.

I’m here to help.

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Hence the second post, which was literally ten seconds after the previous post.

It was an angry mob joke. 

No doubt. But joking about mobs in this climate is probably a bad idea.

• Plus1 1

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He’s an amazingly qualified Justice and a remarkably good and brave man. He fought through lies, smears, and a gauntlet of hate and evil to secure the job.

THREE CHEERS FOR BRETT!!!

:cheers

Considering only 4% of his record was allowed to be public knowledge, we don't really know how amazingly or remarkably qualified he is

• Plus1 1
Just now, StPaulHusker said:

Considering only 4% of his record was allowed to be public knowledge, we don't really know how amazingly or remarkably qualified he is

Read his resume and then read his 12 years of legal opinions. He’s ridiculously well qualified...whether or not  you’ve been review his junior high transcript to make sure he attended Home Economics.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Actually you do. I read your posts and the instincts and moral obligations I have asa teacher and educator kick in.

I’m here to help.

No doubt. But joking about mobs in this climate is probably a bad idea.

You first mentioned the mob :facepalm:

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

On this board? I agree. The vast majority of those who post here do so in lockstep. If anyone disagrees, they pile on and try to get them banned. It may as well be a freshmen orientation chat board at Vassar.

You claim to be a history professor. I've been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but your own arguments appear to be in lockstep with talking points from questionable sources, and when forced to explain yourself it comes nowhere near professor-worthy. 

Since I'm already brandishing a pitchfork, I will join the angry mob of ideologically diverse Nebraska football fans in demanding that you make more sense. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Read his resume and then read his 12 years of legal opinions. He’s ridiculously well qualified...whether or not  you’ve been review his junior high transcript to make sure he attended Home Economics.

I can't read his whole resume if the president elects to invoke executive privilege and withhold 100K documents that include, among other things, legal opinions.

• Plus1 3

19 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You claim to be a history professor. I've been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but your own arguments appear to be in lockstep with talking points from questionable sources, and when forced to explain yourself it comes nowhere near professor-worthy. 

Since I'm already brandishing a pitchfork, I will join the angry mob of ideologically diverse Nebraska football fans in demanding that you make more sense. 

There are few mobs less intimidating than those in pink headgear.

20 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Wow. Surprised to hear a condemnation of Trump from you, but kudos for seeing how dangerous his words are.

I regularly criticize Trump...as I did recently when he mocked Ford.

• Plus1 1