Well hello there Justice Kavanaugh

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

OMG SPOILERS!!!!!

It's more fun to dole it out piecemeal.  Let him keep embarrassing himself.

What’s embarrassing is watching Trump-hating liberals like you engage in these sorts of histrionics. 

Ford’s account was simply not credible. Pretending otherwise is based on pure politics.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What’s embarrassing is watching Trump-hating liberals like you engage in these sorts of histrionics. 

Ford’s account was simply not credible. Pretending otherwise is based on pure politics.

So, you're not denying that's corroborating evidence, right?

Just now, Ric Flair said:

A calendar that shows that he once hung out with some friends and drank some beers?

Is that all you’ve got? :lol:

That’s your corroboration?

12 hours ago, knapplc said:

Rick said Blasey Ford "lacked any whatsoever" in reference to corroborating evidence.  He either doesn't understand what corroborating evidence is or is lying to people here who will believe him if he attacks "the libs," because what I posted is just one point of corroborating evidence in her story.  There are more. 

Is it or is it not corroborating evidence?

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Is it or is it not corroborating evidence?

It’s corroborating in the same way that if you alleged my dog bit you and I denied it, you could prove I once walked near a dog and claim that corroborated your claim. :lol:

This is hilarious. The best part is that you seem to think you’re somehow winning this argument.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It’s corroborating in the same way that if you alleged my dog bit you and I denied it, you could prove I once walked near a dog and claim that corroborated your claim. :lol:

This is hilarious. The best part is that you seem to think you’re somehow winning this argument.

The hilarious part to me is how you still haven't said one way or the other if it is corroborating evidence 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

The hilarious part to me is how you still haven't said one way or the other if it is corroborating evidence 

I think what Ric, Dewiz, and others want as "corroborating evidence" is physical evidence.  Which isn't what corroborating evidence always is but it's what they want.

They write off the audio tape of Trump as just "locker room talk" instead of corroborating evidence that he has assaulted women in the past so I don't think you're going to get anywhere with them.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Plenty? You’ve pointed to the fact they seem to have known each other back then. That’s “plenty” of corroborating evidence that he sexually assaulted her?

And I’m the one who doesn’t understand what corroborating evidence is? 

:lol:

Yes he keeps digging himself in a hole with this one.  Essentially if one of his high school classmates accused him of sexual assault he is suggesting that the fact that they knew him is enough to corroborate their allegation of sexual assault.  Totally mind blowing.  

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
12 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I think what Ric, Dewiz, and others want as "corroborating evidence" is physical evidence.  Which isn't what corroborating evidence always is but it's what they want.

They write off the audio tape of Trump as just "locker room talk" instead of corroborating evidence that he has assaulted women in the past so I don't think you're going to get anywhere with them.

Rick is demanding proof, not corroboration.  There are three possibilities why this is happening:

1.  He genuinely doesn't know what corroborating evidence is, thinks it's proof, and thus is demanding proof.  @QMany could probably educate him on this if he so desired, but I would recommend billing him for his time.

2.  He does know what corroborating evidence is, but is pretending he doesn't/this isn't because he is intentionally obfuscating the conversation. Perhaps in an attempt to "own the libs" or whatever noble goal the Cons have these days.

3.  He's intentionally obfuscating the conversation to dupe people.  Unfortunately, that seems to be working:

16 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Yes he keeps digging himself in a hole with this one.  Essentially if one of his high school classmates accused him of sexual assault he is suggesting that the fact that they knew him is enough to corroborate their allegation of sexual assault.  Totally mind blowing.  

Rick could clear this up and move on by simply providing the legal definition of corroborating evidence, but (probably disingenuously) he's refusing to do that.

• Plus1 2

32 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Quick question...anyone know what corroborating evidence is?  I hear this is the place to find out...okay back to my beach house...I gotta finish my bench reps at 315 ten times.

cor·rob·o·rate
kəˈräbəˌrāt/
verb
gerund or present participle: corroborating
  1. confirm or give support to (a statement, theory, or finding).
    "the witness had corroborated the boy's account of the attack"
    synonyms: confirm, verify, endorse, ratify, authenticate, validate, certify;

Not to be confused with:

col·lab·o·rate
kəˈlabəˌrāt/
verb
gerund or present participle: collaborating
  1. work jointly on an activity, especially to produce or create something.
    "he collaborated with a distinguished painter on the designs"
    synonyms: co-operate, join forces, team up, band together, work together, participate, combine, ally; More
    pool resources, put —— heads together
    "they collaborated on the project"
    • cooperate traitorously with an enemy.
      "the indigenous elite who collaborated with the colonizers"
      synonyms: collude, conspire, fraternize, co-operate, consort, sympathize;
      informalbe in cahoots
      "they collaborated with the enemy"
6 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

They’re completely clueless. It’s frankly hilarious.

:lol:

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, knapplc said:

Rick is demanding proof, not corroboration.  There are three possibilities why this is happening:

1.  He genuinely doesn't know what corroborating evidence is, thinks it's proof, and thus is demanding proof.  @QMany could probably educate him on this if he so desired, but I would recommend billing him for his time.

2.  He does know what corroborating evidence is, but is pretending he doesn't/this isn't because he is intentionally obfuscating the conversation. Perhaps in an attempt to "own the libs" or whatever noble goal the Cons have these days.

3.  He's intentionally obfuscating the conversation to dupe people.  Unfortunately, that seems to be working:

Rick could clear this up and move on by simply providing the legal definition of corroborating evidence, but (probably disingenuously) he's refusing to do that.

Corroborating evidence is obviously evidence that backs up one’s claims and helps to prove that it is true. So in a sense, it is a form of a proof, as it helps to prove one’s claims.

The fact that after being asked repeatedly, you can only point to Ford and Kavanaugh knowing each other as corroboration of her claim that he attempted to rape her is pretty mind-blowing. 

There’s really nothing else? She doesn’t know where it was, when it was, whose house it was, how she got there, how she got home, or any other key details, and the people she claimed were there deny being there or having any idea what she’s talking about. She said she can’t fly in planes because she’s scared, but flies all the time. She claimed she has two front doors to her house so she’ll feel safe, but it turns out that’s a common dodge people use so they can rent part of their homes. 

Nothing she has said checks out.

But hey, she said she knew him back then and it appears she did. So when she says he tried to rape her, we should just go ahead and believe her...right?

DUMBEST....ARGUMENT...EVER....

• Plus1 1