There are still 6 wins on the schedule.

Prior to the start of the season, I figured 8-4, 7-5 regular season (less would be a disappointment). Obviously, I was wrong.  However to the OP, I'll say this with the remaining schedule.

North Western-W

Minnie- W

B-Cook-W

Ohio St-L

Illinois-W

Michigan St-W

Iowa-L (W)

Iowa and Michigan St depend upon our ability to stop the run.  With the remaining games we will need to go 6-1 to go bowling.  Pre-season I figured we'd surprise a team or 2.  We haven't.  That's why I have Iowa as a toss up.  We have always done well on the road against North Western.  Minnie is a lot like us.......Ohio St---not this year.  I think we beat Illinois and B-CU.  Michigan St always plays tough, but I think we are in their heads.  They struggle with mobile QB's plus Martinez can throw.....Iowa-A lot like Wisky. We've got to stop the run and quit the penalties taking away about 100 yards or productivity.  

I saw offensive flashes last night.  We can score.  Defensively, we need Mick back.  Wish Honas was healthy......Gotta stop that run.

Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State were the three biggest challenges on the schedule entering this year.  There ARE 6 wins left on the schedule.  However, if the team continues to play undisciplined and beat itself with drive killing penalties (Foster vs Purdue, Farmer vs Wisconsin twice on same drive), poor special teams play (Woodyard dropping kickoff in endzone and still came out, Lightborn's punting), dumb defensive penalties on 3rd down (Reed clocking Colorado WR); all bets are off for any wins.   

Frost: Where's the Heavy Package on 3rd or 4th down & Short?  What about a dink & dunk RPO or Bootleg on short yardage?  Also Frost: when we have the lead are we snapping the ball with 20 seconds left on Play Clock; Colorado game...this gave Colorado way too much time for their final drive. 

Fix the dumb stuff, we win 6 this year!

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Husker03 said:

Put down the tomatoes, don’t throw them at me. I drank the koolaide by the gallon this summer and still have some leftovers in my fridge that I sneak off and drink sometimes. I love this coach, and each week I love this team more and more. So hear me out. Even I’ll conceed that OSU outclasses us enough at this point in the season that we probably can’t compete this year.   But that’s not true for the other 6.  It’s going to take injury luck and continued improvement each week. But if we can find a way to snag a win this weekend, take one game at a time, view it as championship weekend every week with a bowl game up for grabs, it could happen still. If we can beat NW, then we should be able to matchup with the likes of Minnesota and Iowa as well. Bethune and Illinois are the easiest W’s left, obviously, so if we can keep focus and not pull the traditional “NU forgets to show up,” thing, those go our way.  That leaves MSU, which haven’t looked unstoppable imo. If you can find a way to play that game above you heads a bit, again, knowing the postseason lies on the other side, it’s not unreasonable. This weekend is huge. May be the last great chance at gigantic direction change for 2018. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

No team we have left on the schedule except for OSU is that good. So even if we had a decent team we should expect to win those games. Problem is we dont even have a decent team. We have a team that fans will be sweating by the 4th quarter of bethune cookman until we pull away a little to win by 14. 

• Plus1 1