Northwestern Week Pressers

Mavric

19 minutes ago, spencer7508 said:

Armstrong to start at punter. Had a really nice punt out of bounds at the 10 and boomed one over the returners head. Lightbourne has been very inconsistent and hasn't impressed much

He never has been very consistent, but I wonder if he's being asked to do something he simply doesn't have enough experience in, or can't do, with the rugby style punts.

9 minutes ago, ZRod said:

He never has been very consistent, but I wonder if he's being asked to do something he simply doesn't have enough experience in, or can't do, with the rugby style punts.

I think Lightbourn was asked to move to rugby punts because he kept punting the ball in the middle of the field.  At least if he's rolling to the right side of the field on the rugby punt, he should be punting it to the right side of the field.

I am very glad that Armstrong has been named the #1 punter.  His 2nd punt against Wisconsin was a boomer that went out of bounds deep in Wisky territory.  That's exactly what NU needs to flip the field position.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I just now noticed that Jordan Ober was replaced as the long-snapper.  I remember how Read and Riley were gushing over Ober when he was recruited.

It sounds like Ober does fine actually snapping the ball.  But he's a liability in coverage so they're going with the guy who can help out on that front.

• Fire 1

27 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think Lightbourn was asked to move to rugby punts because he kept punting the ball in the middle of the field.  At least if he's rolling to the right side of the field on the rugby punt, he should be punting it to the right side of the field.

I am very glad that Armstrong has been named the #1 punter.  His 2nd punt against Wisconsin was a boomer that went out of bounds deep in Wisky territory.  That's exactly what NU needs to flip the field position.

I have seen on other boards, some posters still saying that Caleb has been in a tough spot because of the tragic death of Foltz.