Ch-ch-changes - There's gonna have to be a different man

knapplc

Here's how the depth chart has changed since Akron. Lots of movement, lots of guys gone and guys in new places.  A couple of well-earned demotions, and one baffling non-change, as noted below.

koiEUCp.png

The question marks are based off this Frost comment (and #5's play so far this year). 

Maybe that comment didn't mean what I thought it meant, but it sure seemed like Frost was saying Weinmaster was taking over at MLB.

• Plus1 2

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Young doesn't look like he's too slow when he's over ran plays or running in the opposite direction of the play.

Bodies going in opposite direction of each other make both look faster as they separate  - planets in space, rockets and football players. 

• Plus1 1

Mazour as the #2 WR?  Trying to get him on the field?  Hard work and trust maybe?

Agree about Weinmaster.  I think Frost was giving him a compliment, but also saying long term we are going to need other guys to win with.  IMHO, in the context of beating "a Wisconsin".  Said the guys we have now we can win games with.  Frost isn't an idiot nor an a-hole who will throw the kids under a bus.  He knows what he has and doesn't have.  Everyone on this board does.  He's making moves as evidenced by Knapps released roster.  When is the last time we actually had this many changes on a roster.  In all 3 phases of the game, this far into the season.

Frankly, just looking at the list of names in the LB corps, my most common reaction is "Who?" Most of them ain't exactly having their names called much. Barry I think we're all pretty happy with right now (as happy as we are with any of the defense, anyway), but that's about it. Gifford has his strengths, but he ain't the kind of pass rusher you want from a 3-4 OLB. Really none of them are, but then, Tannor is the only guy on that whole LB depth chart that was recruited for a 3-4.

45 minutes ago, Toe said:

Frankly, just looking at the list of names in the LB corps, my most common reaction is "Who?" Most of them ain't exactly having their names called much. Barry I think we're all pretty happy with right now (as happy as we are with any of the defense, anyway), but that's about it. Gifford has his strengths, but he ain't the kind of pass rusher you want from a 3-4 OLB. Really none of them are, but then, Tannor is the only guy on that whole LB depth chart that was recruited for a 3-4.

Our LBs are currently #1, #2 and #4 on the team in tackles.  And Ferguson would probably be in the Top 5 as well had he not missed time due to injury.  They are also #1, #2 and #3 in Tackles for Loss and #1 in sacks.

So perhaps you just need to listen more closely.  :D