Have any of you ever messed around on the dark web?  

I never have but I have read creepy stuff about it, I am sure most of it is not true but who knows.  I did watch a video of a dude browsing around on the dark web (tor) and it was sort of cool but also sort of boring after a few minutes.

I also watched Unfriended II:  Dark Web, it was done pretty well.

(The PR forums on this site do not count)

• Plus1 1

I read one story where a dude tried it out...searched around for a few minutes and closed up his computer and went on a coffee run...when he came back he logged back in/on and got a message from some stranger that said "Did you enjoy your coffee, Mr ___________" and yes they used his real last name.

I've listened to a few podcasts about Silk Road, crazy the stuff that is available if you know how to access it.    My nephew, while in HS, said the HS dealer would use it to get meth and other items shipped to him via UPS.   He would say the guy would order 4-5 ounces of meth, and a few days later a vacuum would show up and inside the bag of the vacuum was the meth.  Something about doing it that way disguised the weight enough to make it easy to ship.   Not sure how much I trust a 17 year old kid and that story, but considering what I've heard about the dark web, it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibilities.

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

How does it even work?  I don't really even understand how it runs?

https://darkwebnews.com/help-advice/access-dark-web/

Fairly good tutorial, from what I understand.  I have never accessed it.   It basically hides all your information (IP location) to make you untraceable and to make the sites you visit untraceable.   Hence being able to buy drugs, guns, counterfeit money.   This is why bitcoin was created, to help keep you completely anonymous while buying illegal items.

Just now, Moiraine said:

Has there been a horror movie about it yet? Ok I looked already. Unfriended.

It wasn't all that bad really but I really like horror movies.

4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I know a guy that heard of a guy that logged onto the dark web and stuff happened. True story.

Haha...This is why I hate you!  

• Plus1 1