Squakeyes having the time of their lives!

Redux

3 hours ago, Scott_Frost_HASNTWON!! said:

Nebraska has not been really in the running for a West title since the West has been created.  It has only been Wisconsin and Iowa.  So I think your point is invalid that Iowa is not a big game for Nebraska.  To get to the BIG Championship, you have to go through Iowa.  However, Iowa does not have to go through Nebraska since they have been irrelevant in recent years.

Lol, what?  Iowa has won the division once since Nebraska joined.  Frankly, outside of the year you ran the table then got stomped out twice to end the year in 2015 you've pretty much been the same team we have.

Only difference is we're looking (hopefully found) the right coach to consistently turn it around while you're not only stuck with mediocrity you also continue to commit to mediocrity.  I envision a nice beatdown at the hands of penn state a few weeks from now to put iowa fans back in their place after getting hyped up at this cupcake schedule for 2018

8 hours ago, HAHACORNHUSKERSSUCK said:

You Husker fans are hilarious. I laugh every time you guys think you are a prestigious team, simply because YOU AREN'T.  Look at one key fact Huskers, you were part of a dying conference that sucked and still sucks.  I believe the last time the Big 12 team won a title was 2000 (yeah what a power conference!!). Once you became part of the Big 10 things dyed down extremely quickly.  Simply put, you were not prepared for the difficulties of a top tier conference.  I really wish you would have stayed in the big 12 because you provide nothing to the B10.  You are literally worse than Rutgers, congrats Huskers!

From 2000 to present both the Big 12 and B1G have won the same amount of Nattys but the Big 12 played in more

Big 12

OU - 2000 won , 2008 lost

Texas - 2005 won, 2009 lost

Nebraska - 2001 lost

B1G

Ohio State - 2003 won with a DPI gift

Ohio State - 2008 lost

Ohio State - 2015 won

5 hours ago, Waldo said:

Iowa plays Maryland, Penn State, and Indiana from the East... must be tough. Iowa has never and will never be a powerhouse. Give it two years, and we will be at Iowa's all time high. 

Look at Iowa’s non-conference schedule for the next 5 years, it’s pathetic. Only P-5 team they play is Iowa State and then they play 2-3 FCS teams as well. I’m sorry but nobody outside of the state of Iowa gives a damn about that game. Move on Iowa and play tougher opponents. 

Nebraska has played Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and/or Michigan State, 4 of those 5 teams, in some cases all 5 in more seasons than Iowa has since Nebraska joined the B1G. Nebraska goes out of their way to schedule tougher opponents while Iowa skates by untested. 

• Plus1 1

Iowa is locked into an annual game with ISU.  Not the strongest annual opponent, but it is a rivalry game that brings out the best in ISU.  Since it isn't for the national title, you guys will chortle at such a rivalry game, but I've already pointed out how college football fans now think that rivalry games are lame. 

Iowa plays UNI in 2020, SDSU in 2022, and Illinois State in 2024.  Nebraska plays South Alabama in 2019, SDSU in 2020, North Dakota AND FBS newbie Georgia Southern in 2022, and SDSU in 2024.  Nebraska actually has one more FCS team scheduled than Iowa does.

Nebraska does have huge tilts with OU in 2021/2022, but otherwise is playing Colorado/Cincinnati.  Colorado/Cincy isn't hugely different than ISU.

Nebraska does not appear to schedule an appreciably tougher non-conference slate than Iowa.

22 minutes ago, ICHawk24 said:

Iowa is locked into an annual game with ISU.  Not the strongest annual opponent, but it is a rivalry game that brings out the best in ISU.  Since it isn't for the national title, you guys will chortle at such a rivalry game, but I've already pointed out how college football fans now think that rivalry games are lame. 

Iowa plays UNI in 2020, SDSU in 2022, and Illinois State in 2024.  Nebraska plays South Alabama in 2019, SDSU in 2020, North Dakota AND FBS newbie Georgia Southern in 2022, and SDSU in 2024.  Nebraska actually has one more FCS team scheduled than Iowa does.

Nebraska does have huge tilts with OU in 2021/2022, but otherwise is playing Colorado/Cincinnati.  Colorado/Cincy isn't hugely different than ISU.

Nebraska does not appear to schedule an appreciably tougher non-conference slate than Iowa.

Don't you have a cave or underneath a bridge you have to get back to?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, ICHawk24 said:

We have played recently, and will play soon, the following in the non conference:

2000-2001 we played Notre Dame

2002-2003 we played Penn State

2004-2005 we played Pitt/Southern Miss then Pitt/Wake Forest

2006-2007 we played USC

2008-2009 we played Virginia Tech

2010-2011 we played Washington

2012-2013 we played UCLA

2014-2015 we played Miami

2016-2017 we played Oregon

2018-2019 we play Colorado

2021-2022 we play Oklahoma

2026-2027 we play Tennessee (this was originally scheduled for much much earlier but they reneged and rescheduled it down the road, don't remember why)

Obviously a number of them weren't great when we played them but also obviously nobody hardly has control over that. 

Iowa State has been the toughest non-con team you've played in all but maybe... 5 of your last 18 or so seasons? 

• Plus1 7