Squakeyes having the time of their lives!

Redux

1 hour ago, ICHawk24 said:

Iowa has played two P5 teams HaH in the non-conf nearly every year of the last 15 years.  ISU and (Pitt|AzSU|Ariz|Syracuse), and two buy games.

Nebraska has played one P5 team HaH in the non-conf nearly every year of the last 15 years.  And three buy games.

Cool. 

2006 your two P5 teams went 8-16

2007 your two P5 teams went 5-19

2008 your two P5 teams went 11-14

2009 your two P5 teams went 15-11 (whoa!)

2010 your two P5 teams went 12-13

2011 your two P5 teams went 12-14

2014 your two P5 teams went 8-17

2015 your two P5 teams went 12-14

One SINGLE year that your big bad mighty P5 opponents had a winning record.

The two years we played two P5 teams they went 20-6 and 17-9, respectively (counting BYU in this), and our marquee non-con opponent each year is usually at the very least a prestigious program and at best a highly ranked at the time of playing them team. 

I guess scheduling Pitt is better than scheduling San Jose State considering you play Iowa State, but I don't think you've realized that 90% of the teams you play in the non conference are garbage teams. Not quite as garbage as Nebraska this year, admittedly, but this is just one of many reasons that people don't take you seriously nationally. Your administration completely refuses to schedule anything marquee or with high odds of being quite difficult.

Iowa State is a Power 5 team by definition alone.  If the Big 12 imploded, they would be a Mountain West school and not a great one.  We could schedule Kansas every year and skip scheduling a MAC or Sun Belt team and it would literally be no different.  So boasting that you have a fierce yearly rivalry with "Power 5" Iowa State isn't exactly fooling anyone.

23 hours ago, Scott_Frost_HASNTWON!! said:

Nebraska has not been really in the running for a West title since the West has been created.  It has only been Wisconsin and Iowa.  So I think your point is invalid that Iowa is not a big game for Nebraska.  To get to the BIG Championship, you have to go through Iowa.  However, Iowa does not have to go through Nebraska since they have been irrelevant in recent years.

Iowa has been to one B1G Championship Game.  This does not constitute the West "[going] through Iowa."  Iowa is what it is, which is an above-average program (7.5 wins per season under Kirk Ferentz) that strings together a double-digit win season every several years.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Redux said:

I hope they stick around, very insightful.  We didn't know how much we have sucked. glad they could shed a light on it.  I'm a better person because of it.

I learned that it can be challenging to make fun of Iowa fans because it takes them a while to figure it out.

• Haha 1